Kylli Mixed Use Development Project
- Category:Pending Review
- Address:3005 Democracy Way
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Lot Size: 46 acres
Project Description: General Plan amendment for a nine-parcel property to amend the designation from High-Intensity Office/Research to a newly-established mixed-use designation allowing a high-intensity mix of office, commercial, and residential uses. The proposed amendment could support future development on the property.
Process Description: As the applicant is proposing to change the property's designation and allowed uses, the process involves an early consideration application which is followed by a formal application. During the formal application process, applicants submit plan sets to City staff for review and analysis. Various community meetings and public hearings are then held to gather input and feedback from stakeholders. If the application proceeds through the process, it is reviewed by the City's committees and commissions. During any stage of review, the proposal may be revised based on staff and community feedback. The City Council has the ultimate authority to approve or deny applications during public hearings.
Project Planner/City Contact: Rebecca Bustos (email@example.com, 408-615-2450)
Property Owner/Applicant: Kylli, Inc.
Planning Applications Required: General Plan Amendment, Planned Development Rezoning, Tentative Map, Architectural Review
File Numbers: PLN 2017-12924 (General Plan Amendment) and PLN2018-13400 (Rezoning)
Parcel Number: 104-04-143
Potential Development Area:
- Office: 3,500,000 sq. ft.
- Office Amenity/Hotel: 400,000 sq. ft.
- Residential: 6,100,000 sq. ft. (or 6,000 housing units)
Project Status: 4/11/19 - Revised plans were submitted to the City for review.
Next Steps: Application to continue through the City's General Plan Amendment review process.
Public Hearings/Community Meetings:
Upcoming: to be announced
- 5/23/19 - Open House/Community meeting at Central Library
- 3/18/19 - Complete Communities Design Workshop at Mission College
- 3/4/19 - Open Space Design workshop at Central Park Library
- 2/25/19 - City North Vision workshop at City Hall Council Chambers; Event Summary
- 1/24/19 - Open House at Central Park Library
- 5/24/18 - Open House at Northside Branch Library
- 1/23/18 - City Council Public Hearing
- 11/13/17 - Community Meeting at Northside Branch Library
Planning Application Package - 4/11/19 (PDF, 68 MB)
City Council Meeting (1/23/2018) Staff Report: Link
City Council Meeting (1/23/2018) Staff Presentation: Link
City Council Meeting (1/23/2018) Applicant Presentation: Link