Kylli Mixed Use Development Project
- Category:Pending Review
- Address:3005 Democracy Way
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Lot Size: 46 acres
Project Description: General Plan amendment for a nine-parcel property to amend the designation from High-Intensity Office/Research to a newly-established mixed-use designation allowing a high-intensity mix of office, commercial, and residential uses. The proposed amendment could support future development on the property.
Process Description: As the applicant is proposing to change the property's designation and allowed uses, the process involves an early consideration application which is followed by a formal application. During the formal application process, applicants submit plan sets to City staff for review and analysis. Various community meetings and public hearings are then held to gather input and feedback from stakeholders. If the application proceeds through the process, it is reviewed by the City's committees and commissions. During any stage of review, the proposal may be revised based on staff and community feedback. The City Council has the ultimate authority to approve or deny applications during public hearings.
Project Planner/City Contact: Rebecca Bustos (firstname.lastname@example.org, 408-615-2450)
Property Owner/Applicant: Kylli, Inc.
Planning Applications Required: General Plan Amendment, Planned Development Rezoning, Tentative Map, Architectural Review
File Numbers: PLN 2017-12924 (General Plan Amendment) and PLN2018-13400 (Rezoning)
Potential Development Area:
- Office: 3,500,000 sq. ft.
- Office Amenity/Hotel: 400,000 sq. ft.
- Residential: 6,100,000 sq. ft. (or 6,000 housing units)
Project Status: 1/23/2018 - City Council granted approval for Early Consideration of General Plan Amendment
Next Steps: Application to continue through the City's General Plan Amendment review process. Applicant to provide staff with completed plan sets for review.
Public Hearings/Community Meetings:
- 2/25/19 - City North Vision Workshop at City Hall Council Chambers from 6:00-8:00 pm (1500 Warburton Avenue, Santa Clara, CA 95050)
- 3/4/19 - Open Space Design Workshop at Central Park Library from 6:00-7:30 pm (2635 Homestead Road, Santa Clara, CA 95050)
- 1/24/19 - Open House at Central Park Library
- 5/24/18 - Open House at Northside Branch Library
- 1/23/18 - City Council Public Hearing
- 11/13/17 - Community Meeting at Northside Branch Library
City Council Meeting (1/23/2018) Staff Report: Link
City Council Meeting (1/23/2018) Staff Presentation: Link
City Council Meeting (1/23/2018) Applicant Presentation: Link