Agilent After School
- Date: 03/01/2017 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Redwood Room
Central Park Library, 2635 Homestead Rd
Santa Clara, California 95051
- Introduction: Learn about the principles behind levers, for grades 4-8.
- ContactYouth Services
- Phone Number (408) 615-2916
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Agilent Technologies, Premier Laboratory Partner for a Better World is inspiring the scientists and engineers of tomorrow through their hands-on science program: Agilent After School (AAS). AAS targets Grades 5-8, and each month we will explore a different science topic with hands-on experiments that you will get to take home after the program! Share the wonders of science with your friends and family!
TODAY'S TOPIC: Levers
Students will learn the principle of levers and construct a functional catapult to understand how the likes of hammers, scissors, pliers, wheelbarrows, doors, and baseball bats are examples of levers.
What you need to know:
- Programs are open to students going into 4th through 8th Grades only
- There will not be a waiting list. If your child is interested in attending and was not able to register, you may wait outside the program room on the day of the event. If there are "no shows" your child may be allowed to enter
- Please arrive EARLY. If your child is registered and is more than 5 minutes late, his/her spot will be forfeited to someone waiting in line
- Please cancel your reservation if you discover a schedule conflict (to allow another child to participate)
- Chronic “no-shows” (people who sign up but do not attend a program) may forfeit future reservation privileges
Please use your child’s first and last name when registering at https://scclkidscatapults.eventbrite.com
For more information, contact Youth Services at 1-408-615-2916.
Agilent After School programs are sponsored by Agilent Technologies.