NORTHSIDE: Contract Employment Investment Strategies
- Date: 04/16/2018 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: Northside Branch Library
695 Moreland Way
Santa Clara , California 95054
Contract employment (a.k.a. gig employment) is Silicon Valley's "new normal" of employing individuals for short-term contracts without paying for benefits, retirement, and stock benefits. Employees who work three months to one year contracts are continuing to grow and are becoming job market fixtures.
Contractors are now trying to figure out to maintain steady income in this job market. Learn from the Financial Planners Association Silicon Valley how to:
- Stabilize your income in a short-term contract.
- What investment strategies work best for contractors.
- Find out how much to invest and what to invest in during the in-between time from one contract job to another job.
- Do you need to "play it safe" with investments since contract employment income varies or can you be more aggressive?
For Adults ONLY
This program is sponsored by the Financial Planners Association Silicon Valley.
Note: Doors will close 15 minutes after the program begins or when we reach capacity.