Girls Who Code Application Deadline
For Grades 7-12
- Date: - (all day)
- Location: Central Park Library
2635 Homestead Rd., 2635 Homestead Rd.
Santa Clara, California 95051
Applications are no longer being accepted.
Girls Who Code is a national non-profit organization dedicated to closing the gender gap in technology. Free after-school clubs are offered for girls in 6th-12th grade to explore coding in a fun and friendly environment. Santa Clara City Library is proud to be a host site for this program.
2018-2019 Clubs at Santa Clara Central Park and Mission Libraries
What you need to know:
- Central Park Library Club will begin on Wednesday, October 17, 2018. Classes will be held on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Mission Branch Library Club will begin on Tuesday, October 16. Classes will be held on Tuesdays from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- All classes will run through May 2018 (final date to be determined by coursework completion).
- Girls must be in 6th-12th grade.
- Students must attend & complete 80% of the coursework in order to graduate.
- There are limited spaces. All potential students must fill out an application and be interviewed. Applications must be received no later than Friday, October 5, 2018. Applications turned in after that date will not be considered. Interviews will be held after school on Wednesday, October 10, 2018.
- If you do not get into the Central Park or Mission Branch Library Clubs, Northside Branch Library will host a club beginning in January 2019. For more information please contact Rachel Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call Youth Services at 1-408-615-2916 if you have any questions.