Last Day to Enter the Children's and Teen Graphic Novel Contest 2018
- Date: 11/01/2018
Submit your best graphic novels to the Santa Clara City Library Graphic Novel Contest.
About the Competition:
- Children from grades 1-12 are eligible to participate in the contest. Entries will be judged in the following grade categories: 1-3, 4-6, 7-12.
- A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner will be selected in each category.
- Each winner will receive a prize sponsored by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. and will be invited to an awards ceremony on Thursday, November 15th.
- Entries are judged based on originality, creativity, cohesiveness, and artistic quality.
- All entries must be received by Thursday, November 1st. No entries will be returned, so consider submitting a clear photocopy if you’d like to keep your original work.
- All creators must be in grades 1-12 and live within Santa Clara County or have a Santa Clara City Library card.
- Entries must be the creator’s own work and submitted with their knowledge and consent. Writers and artists may work as a team if both members are eligible to participate, but will be considered a single entry and share any prizes awarded.
- Entries may be on any subject, in any genre or art style, and may be fiction or nonfiction.
- Entries should be a maximum of ten single-sided pages, including the cover page. They should be on US letter-size paper (8.5 x 11), with text and art on one side only, and may be in black and white or color.
- Computer generated images are acceptable if they are your original work (no clip art or copyrighted art).
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
How to Enter:
- Fill out an entry form.
- Attach your graphic novel to the back of the entry form with a paperclip.
- Turn your entries in at the Youth Services desk at Central Park Library or the Customer Service desk at Northside Library by Thursday, November 1st.
The Santa Clara City Library Graphic Novel Contest is sponsored by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. and the Library Foundation & Friends.