Children's Poetry Contest 2019
Last Day to Turn in Entries!
- Date: 04/15/2019 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Location: Santa Clara City Library - All Locations
CALLING ALL POETS!
Submit your haiku, limericks, sonnets, and more for a chance to win the Santa Clara City Library Children’s Poetry Contest. We can’t wait to read your best poems!
About the Competition:
• Children from grades K-6 are eligible to participate in the contest. Poems will be judged in the following grade categories: K-2, 3-4, and 5-6.
• A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner will be selected in each category.
• Each winner will receive a prize, and will have the opportunity to read their poem aloud at an awards ceremony on Tuesday, April 30th at 7:00 pm at the Central Park Library.
• Poems are judged based on originality, creativity, and artistic quality as well as use of structure and form.
• Poems must be the writer's own work and may not be submitted without the poet's knowledge and consent.
• All entries must be received by Monday, April 15th. No entries will be returned.
• Poems may be in any form and on any subject, but must be appropriate.
• Poems should be a maximum of 21 lines.
• Poems should be typed (preferred) in standard fonts or written in blue or black ink on US letter-size paper (8.5 x 11), with text on one side only.
• All poets must be in grades K-6 and live within Santa Clara County or have a Santa Clara City Library card.
• Only one entry per poet.
How to Enter:
• Fill out an ENTRY FORM. Click here for form.
• Attach your poem to the back of the entry form with a paperclip or staple.
• Turn your entries in at any Santa Clara City Library location between Monday, April 1st and Monday, April 15th.
Winners will be announced on Wednesday, April 24th. Winners will be posted on the library website and notified by email. An awards ceremony will be held on Tuesday, April 30th at 7:00 pm.
This contest is made possible with support from the Santa Clara City Library Foundation & Friends.