NORTHSIDE Parenting Program: How to Talk to Children & Teens about S-E-X (for Adults ONLY)
- Date: 05/07/2019 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: Northside Branch Library
695 Moreland Way
Santa Clara , California 95054
Talking about S-E-X can be a difficult subject for parents. Some of the questions that often run through parents' minds:
- What do you say?
- How do you say it?
- When is the right time to bring it up? At what age should we be talking to our child/tweens/teens about sex?
- How do you respond to questions when you are unprepared to answer them?
- How talk to children/tweens/teens about the #metoo movement. What are some ways to prevent this from happening to my child/tween/teen when they become an adult.
Learn from our Parent Educator how to navigate through these uncomfortable subjects with your child/tween. It is noted that parents who have good discussions about sex with their children/tweens/teens often delay sexual activity, have fewer partners, and use contraceptives when they do have sex. We want to help you get the conversation started on the right path.
This program is sponsored by the Santa Clara City Library Foundation and Friends and Parents Place.