4th of July All City Picnic & Fireworks Extravaganza
- Date: 07/04/2019 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: Community Recreation Center
969 Kiely Boulevard
Santa Clara, California 95051
- ContactCommunity Recreation Center (CRC)
- Phone Number 408-615-3140
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Santa Clara invites the community to attend the free 4th of July All-City Picnic & Fireworks Extravaganza in Central Park, 969 Kiely Blvd., from noon - 9:30 p.m. Bring a picnic lunch or purchase food prepared by local community groups and food trucks. Kids’ activities include carnival games, hands-on crafts, face painting and free swimming at the International Swim Center. Enjoy live entertainment on the Main stage.
4th of July Schedule:
Noon - 9 p.m. Picnic Activities | carnival games, face painting, crafts, bounce houses
12:30 - 4:30 p.m. Free Swimming | limited capacity - first come, first served | International Swim Center
3 - 3:15 p.m. Welcome Ceremony| Central Park (Main Stage - Basketball Courts)
3:15 - 4 p.m. Santa Clara Big Band & Vanguard Cadets | Central Park (Main Stage - Basketball Courts)
4:30 - 6:15 p.m. The Megatones | Central Park (Main Stage - Basketball Courts)
7:15 - 9:15 p.m. The Cheeseballs | Central Park (Main Stage - Basketball Courts)
9:15 - 9:30 p.m. National Anthem | Central Park (Main Stage - Basketball Courts)
9:30 - 10 p.m. Fireworks Extravaganza | Central Park (Main Stage - Basketball Courts)
The official welcome and flag dedication ceremony will start at 3 p.m. The National Anthem will begin at 9:15 p.m. The day’s finale will conclude with a fantastic Fireworks Extravaganza at 9:30 p.m., with patriotic music and a sky ablaze with colors performed by licensed professionals under supervision of the Santa Clara Fire Department.
The following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic at varying times throughout the day:
- Kiely Boulevard, between the Pavilion Parking Lot and 1000 Kiely Blvd., 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Patricia Drive, between the Tennis Center and the Lawn Bowling Green, 7:30 a.m.-11 p.m.
- White Drive, between Benton Street and Las Palmas, 7-11 p.m.
- Las Palmas Drive, between Benton Street and Homestead Road, 7-11 p.m.
- Additionally, westbound traffic on Homestead Road will be diverted onto north and southbound San Tomas Expressway, beginning at 7 p.m.
On-street parking is limited, ADA Parking is available in the Pavilion Parking Lot, and managed parking is available at St. Justin’s School and Santa Clara High School. The City encourages walking, biking (Free Bike Watch will be available), and/or carpooling. Passenger drop-off is designated in front of the Central Park Library.
Fireworks, drones, pets, portable barbecues, propane, alcohol and open flames are prohibited in the event venue.
Central Park group picnic areas is open, first come first served.
Note: You and your child’s attendance at any Santa Clara Parks & Recreation Department sponsored event constitutes your permission for your photographs to be used for promotion purposes.
For more information, visit http://santaclaraca.gov/4thofjuly or call 408-615-3140.