Traffic Advisory for Levi’s Stadium and the Surrounding Area – Saturday, August 5
The San Francisco 49ers are making Levi’s® Stadium available to the public for Open Practices from 10:00am-1:00pm on August 5, 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16 and 17. Each Open Practice is expected to draw approximately 1,000 fans, with the exception of the Open Practice on Saturday, August 5. On August 5, approximately 30,000 are anticipated.
The Open Practice on Saturday, August 5 will feature complimentary admission for children six and under, a first look at the 2017 San Francisco 49ers, access to the 49ers Museum presented by Sony and free food and beverages. Unreserved general admission tickets are $5.00 and can be purchased online. Complimentary parking is also available on the ticket website.
The following Traffic Advisory is for Saturday, August 5 only.
- Heavy traffic and delays are anticipated on major thoroughfares leading to and from the stadium, including Highways 101, 237, 880, Lawrence Expressway, Great America Parkway and San Tomas Expressway, as a result of the event. Expect increased traffic to begin around 8:00am and at the conclusion of the event, estimated at 2:00pm;
NOTE: Law enforcement is unable to implement counterflow for this event. As a result, major traffic delays are expected at the conclusion of this event. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
- Tasman Drive will be closed from Convention Center Drive to Centennial / Marie P DeBartolo Way on Saturday, August 5 at 1:30am and will remained closed through the conclusion of the event;
- Stadium-goers are encouraged to take public transportation. For light rail and bus lines contact Valley Transportation Authority, ACE/Capitol Corridor heavy rail or CalTrain;
- If you are driving a personal vehicle, input your address for step-by-step directions to each lot. Do not use alternate map sources (e.g. Google) as they do not take into consideration the event traffic management plan (e.g. road closures). Do not park in residential neighborhoods;
- Parking lots will open at 8:00am. Complimentary parking passes are available online.
- Guests using Uber for post-event pick-up will exit out of Intel Gate A, cross Convention Center Way and walk northbound on Great America Parkway to Red Lot 7;
- Only the following cab companies with permits in the City of Santa Clara are authorized to conduct pick-ups in Santa Clara - Green Cab, Rainbow Cab, A Orange Cab, Silicon Valley Cab and Yellow Checker / Yellow Cab. Each licensed cab company is subject to annual safety inspections, must maintain the proper level of insurance and drivers are subject to a background investigation.
- Complimentary bicycle valet service is located in Red Lot 1, Red Lot 6, and Green Lot 1 as overflow lots. Bicycle valet will be open 2.5 hours prior to the event through 1 hour upon completion of the Levi’s® Stadium event. Bicycle Routes leading to Levi’s® Stadium are accessible from the following trails and/or roadways: San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail, John W. Christian Greenbelt Trail/Prescott, Guadalupe River Trail, Great America Parkway, Lafayette Street, Tasman Drive/Great Mall Parkway/Capital Avenue and North First Street.
- No parking will be allowed on Tasman Drive on Saturday, August 5;
- No parking will be allowed on the clearly marked posted section of Lick Mill Boulevard on Saturday, August 5;
- Residents should allow additional time for travel and may consider taking alternate routes to and from their homes;
- The City of Santa Clara Traffic Engineering Department has made traffic cameras available to help individuals make travel decisions based on road conditions;
- The Neighborhood Protection Plan will not be in place for this event as parking in all available lots will be free to the public. Should any issues arise, residents should contact the Santa Clara Police Department for non-emergencies at 408-615-5580 or 9-1-1 in the case of an emergency;
- Everyone is encouraged to read the message boards and follow the instructions of police personnel and private security;
- Be observant and monitor your environment. If you notice suspicious objects or observe suspicious behavior, report this information to local law enforcement immediately;
- Due to the day and time of this event, as well as the need to use slow-moving equipment or other barriers to perform event set-up, for safety reasons the San Tomas Aquino / Saratoga Creek Trail will close at 7:00am on Saturday, August 5. Beginning at 8:00am, pedestrians and bicyclists must physically have a ticket to this event to access this portion of the trail; no will call. Pedestrians and bicyclists with tickets will proceed through the security check and magnetometers, and will be held to the same criteria (e.g. bag policy) as the balance of the stadium attendees. The trail will reopen shortly after the event;
- Non-ticketed bicyclists will be rerouted via Agnew Road, Lakeshore Drive, Gianera Street, the VTA Great America Train Station Parking lot, Stars and Stripes Drive and service road/trail along the rear of the Tasman Parking Garage, and then back to the San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail.
Non-ticketed pedestrians will be rerouted via Agnew Road, Mission College Boulevard, Great America Parkway past the Santa Clara Convention Center, and then back to the San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail.
Please help us keep the creek and trail litter free.
It should be noted that all undercrossings may be subject to periodic closures during the rainy seasons when they are inundated by the water levels in the creek. For information on closures of the trail for maintenance or weather, call (408) 615-3080;
- Do not drink and drive;
- California’s Great America theme park will be open from 10:00am-10:00pm. This will have an impact on traffic as well;
- Levi’s® Stadium prohibits all bags, backpacks and other carriers from being brought into the stadium. More information about the bag policy is available online.
- The Stadium Authority will serve as the first point of contact to the public for stadium operations issues (e.g. parking, traffic, noise, etc.). A customer service representative can assist the public at (408)673-2100 or by email at email@example.com;
- The Santa Clara Police Department can be contacted for non-emergencies at 408-615-5580 or 9-1-1 in the case of an emergency;
Santa Clara Police Department
601 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95050
For media inquiries, please call Lieutenant Dan Moreno, 408-615-4865.