NOW HIRING - Crossing Guards
Play an Important Role in the Community
Crossing Guards play a vital role in community safety! Every day, hundreds of children walk, bicycle or scooter school. Crossing Guards primary role is to help children safely cross the street on their way to and from school, however our well-trained colleagues are also present to:
- Discourage children from behaving in an unsafe manner near traffic, such as darting into the street without looking or crossing against a traffic signal;
- Encourage children to walk their bicycle or scooter in crosswalks;
- Use existing gaps in traffic to help students cross safely. When the natural traffic flow does not allow enough time for children to safely cross a street, a Crossing Guard may create gaps by stopping traffic temporarily;
- Alert motorists that pedestrians of unsafe traffic safety behaviors; and,
- Observe and report any incidents or conditions that present a potential safety hazard.
The Santa Clara Police Department is seeking dependable individuals to safeguard the children of our community. If you like being outdoors and helping the community, this may be the perfect part-time job for you!
Crossing Guards generally work 10-20 hours per week in an as-needed, non-benefitted capacity. Applicants must have a valid California driver's license and be at least 21 years of age. Hours and locations vary. The rate of pay is $14.16-$17.21 per hour. A complete job description is available online.
For more information, contact Community Service Officer Taylor Carpenter at (408)615-4875 or email@example.com