Be on Your Best Behavior Tomorrow – and, Every Day!
County-wide Traffic Enforcement Initiative in Santa Clara May 24
A special traffic enforcement program is being conducted in Santa Clara on Thursday, May 24. The goal is to increase police presence in our community and raise awareness to vehicle, bicycle and pedestrian laws.
Approximately 40 motorcycle officers will be on hand representing several South Bay law enforcement agencies. While officers will be watching out for all traffic violations, extra emphasis will be given to:
- Traffic enforcement in school zones;
- Yielding to pedestrians in crosswalks;
- Red light and stop sign violations;
- Distracted driving;
- Carpool lane violations;
- Seatbelt and/or car seat infractions;
- Areas with high accident and/or complaint rates; and,
- Excessive speeds.
This collaboration, supported by the Santa Clara County Police Chief’s Association, has been well-received by residents throughout Santa Clara County.