Parks & Recreation is Seeking Volunteers!
- ContactGina Saporito
- Phone Number408-615-2249
The City of Santa Clara Parks & Recreation Department is looking for volunteers!
The City of Santa Clara Volunteer Services Program supports city programs and services by matching the varied talents interests, and skills of individuals of all ages and groups with needed services. Volunteering for the City is a great example of people working for the common good. Our volunteers are one of the most diverse and rich community resources we have, and we're happy to have you join us.
Who Can Volunteer?
Community members 14 years of age and older.
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
Complete and submit an online City-wide volunteer application. All information collected is confidential and only for City of Santa Clara Volunteer Programs, managed by the City of Santa Clara Human Resources Department. The City does not share information submitted by you with any other organization. The City uses a volunteer logistics program database known as “Volgistics” to organize all City volunteers and track their service hours.
Next Steps: The process for all City volunteers consists of three simple steps
Please complete steps in the order listed below.
- Complete and submit the City's online City-wide Volunteer application (Volgistics). All information collected is confidential and only used for City of Santa Clara Volunteer Program, managed by the City of Santa Clara Human Resourced Department. The City does not share information submitted by you with any other organization. the city uses a Volgistics, a volunteer database, to organizes all City volunteers and track service hours.
- Contact Gina at 408-615-2249 to schedule short interview.
- Submit to a background screening depending on the age of the volunteer.
- For volunteers 18 years and older: Live Scan fingerprint and background check, at the City's expense. This is a recognized minimum best practices to assure the safety of children, vulnerable adults, seniors, the general public, and VIP guests at high profile special events. Live Scan fingerprints will be conducted on Wednesday June 20th and June 27th from 11:30a-1p and 4:30p-6p, by appointment only.
- For volunteers ages 14 -17: A Release of Liability & Assumption of Risk Agreement form signed by the volunteer and the volunteer's parent/guardian on file with the City's Human Resources Department.
The City Parks & Recreation Department currently has volunteer opportunities in these areas
- Roberta Jones Junior Theater – ushers; assist staff watching young performers while they are not on stage; set strike (i.e. carrying lumber, removing screws, sweeping the stage, etc.) Contact Kevin Cornelius, firstname.lastname@example.org, 408-615-3161.
- Senior Center – computer lab attendant; dining out program (i.e. table set-up, take meal orders & clean up); fitness attendant. Contact Susan Bates, email@example.com.
- Special Events – bike watch; information booth; assist with children’s activities such as bounce houses, carnival games & crafts;
- Therapeutic Recreation – set-up/clean-up; assist program participants during activities (i.e. arts & crafts, games, ice cream socials, movies, parties, sports, etc.). Contact Lauren Council, firstname.lastname@example.org, 408-615-3169.
- Ulistac Natural Area – help restore California native vegetation and preserve wildlife habitat (i.e. trim and remove overgrown shrubs & vines; place trimmings, pruned branches & clippings in the dumpster; pick up trash, etc.).
- College Interns - Individualized program areas of department need.
Contact Gina at 408-615-2249 or email@example.com with questions.
City of Santa Clara Parks & Recreation Department