TRAFFIC ADVISORY - July 4 throughout the City of Santa Clara
The City of Santa Clara is hosting its annual All-City Picnic and Fireworks Extravaganza on July 4. Meanwhile, California’s Great America will also celebrate the holiday with fireworks set to patriotic music on July 4.
- New this year, several roadways/intersections will be closed to vehicular traffic from 11:00am-11:00pm, including:
- Kiely Boulevard between the Pavilion Parking Lot and the Post Office
- Via Roma Place at Kiely Boulevard
- Kaiser Drive at Kiely Boulevard
- Hearth Place at Kiely Boulevard
- Patricia Drive between the Tennis Center and the Lawn Bowling Green
- Public parking will not be available on Patricia Drive on July 4
- A passenger drop off will be available in front of Central Park Library
- A free bicycle watch will be available in Central Park
- Personal fireworks, drones, portable barbecues, pets, alcohol and open flames are prohibited
- The fireworks show will start at 9:30pm on July 4
CALIFORNIA'S GREAT AMERICA THEME PARK
- There are no planned street closures,
- The fireworks show will start at 9:45pm
The Santa Clara Police Department is offering the following tips for events at both locations:
- Heavy traffic and delays are anticipated on the roadways in and around both event venues.
- Residents should allow additional time for travel and may consider taking alternate routes to and from their homes.
- The City of Santa Clara Traffic Engineering Department has made traffic cameras available to help individuals make travel decisions based on road conditions.
- Do not block driveways, fire hydrants, etc. in residential neighborhoods, and dispose of your personal trash.
- Do not drink and drive.
- Everyone is encouraged to read the message boards and follow the instructions of police personnel and private security.
- Be observant and monitor your environment. If you notice suspicious objects or observe suspicious behavior, report this information to local law enforcement immediately.
- The Santa Clara Police Department can be contacted for non-emergencies at 408-615-5580 or 9-1-1 in the case of an emergency.
The laws governing fireworks in Santa Clara are clear – fireworks are illegal. This includes, but is not limited to, popular bottle rockets, roman candles, firecrackers and sparklers. Yet, every July 4th, the City of Santa Clara’s Communications Center receives 150+ calls related to illegal fireworks.
Explosives/fireworks of any kind are illegal, disruptive and dangerous - it’s inconsiderate to your neighbors, needlessly scares children and pets, creates an unsafe situation and, as a result, ties up emergency phone lines.
Residents are asked to report illegal fireworks as follows:
- Injury - call 9-1-1
- Fire - call 9-1-1
- Property damage - call the non-emergency number 408-615-5580
- Sale of fireworks - call the non-emergency number 408-615-5580
- Fireworks being set off - call the non-emergency number 408-615-5580. In this case, please provide the exact address of where the fireworks are being set off, name(s) or detailed description of the people using the fireworks (if possible) and brief description of the incident. Without these details it is very difficult for the Fire Marshall or Police to locate violators.
A warning letter and/or administrative citation may be issued to violators as staffing allows. The fine for the first infraction is $300 and/or by imprisonment of up to six months. The penalty is more severe if the discharge of fireworks results in personal injury or property damage.
Santa Clara Police Department
601 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95050
For media inquiries, please call Captain Wahid Kazem at 408-615-4864.