Cold Weather Resources
Post Date:12/05/2018 2:15 PM
Return to full list >>
It’s cold out! If you or someone you know needs a warm place to stay, below are a handful of local resources:
- Prince of Peace Church is coordinating safe parking locations for homeless persons living in vehicles.
- Small vehicles only (no RV's)
- Parking can begin at 8:00pm; vehicles must leave by 7:00am
- Portable lavatories will be available
- Individuals must be pre-screened to participate. To be screened, call 408-509-9221
- HomeFirst’s CWSP provides emergency shelter, showers, meals, medical services and a safe environment for homeless individuals in North and South County. This season’s program will operate on a referral basis only and will guarantee guests a bed throughout the cold weather season. No drop-in services.
- The South County Shelter is located at the Gilroy Armory, 8490 Wren Avenue. To reserve a space call (408)489-8781 or email email@example.com
- The North County Shelter is located at the Mountain View Shelter, 748 Mercy Street. To reserve a space call (408)590-8196 or email firstname.lastname@example.org If you are homeless and are looking for support services, please call the HomeFirst Homeless Helpline at (408)510-7600.
- Inclement Weather Shelters
- Persons can text the word "BadWeather" to 888777 to be added to a notification list
- These shelters are open specific days and during significant weather events only