Have You Been Drinking?
Make a Good Choice!
Alcohol affects you in a way that changes your judgement, depth perception as well as vital motor skills required to drive safely.
The Santa Clara Police Department has zero tolerance - all driving under the influence violators will be arrested and charged accordingly.
Penalties can be severe, to include....
- Jail time
- Immediate suspension of your driver's license
- Substantial fines and fees (e.g. towing, vehicle storage, court fine, attorney, DMV reinstatement, etc.)
- Participation in an alcohol or drug treatment program
- Increase to insurance premiums
- A criminal record that may impact current / future employment or the ability to get into a college
- Restrictions on when and for what purposes you may drive when your license is reinstated, and the potential for the installation of an ignition interlock device
- If an individual is hurt or killed as a result your actions, you may also be responsible for their medical costs or face vehicular manslaughter charges
Make a good choice! If you have been drinking, use public transportation, a ride share service, a sober friend or stay the night where you watched the game.