NOW HIRING - Recruit Police Officer and Police Officer
To be considered, apply by 4:00pm on April 1, 2019
The Santa Clara Police Department is seeking highly motivated individuals for entry-level Recruit Police Officer and Police Officer (lateral).
We value honesty, consistency, loyalty, integrity, fairness, respect, accountability, and trust. If these characteristics make up the core of your value system, we want you to work with us.
Santa Clara is one of the fastest-growing cities in Silicon Valley, home to Levi's® Stadium and world-class events. The Santa Clara Police Department offers numerous advantages over other local communities.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefit packages
- Lateral incentives
- Flexible schedules
- Overtime opportunities
- Advanced equipment and training facilities
- On-duty workout program and two gyms on-site, including a CrossFit gym
- Northside Police Substation
- Modern 51,000 square foot Police building
- State-of-the-art Communications Dispatch Center in the Police Building
- Interoperable P25 radio system
- Hexagon Computer Aided Dispatch
- New Mobile Data Computers (deployed November, 2018)
- Full-service Temporary Holding Facility
- Peer support and mentorship programs
- Supportive City Council and community
Special Assignment opportunities for Police Officers:
- Motorcycle Traffic Officer
- Field Training Officer
- Nuisance Suppression Unit
- Homeland Security and Special Events Unit
- Special Response Team (SWAT)
- Evidence Technician
- Hostage Negotiator
- School Services Officer
- Canine Handler
- Special Enforcement Team
- County and Federal Task Force Assignments
- Bicycle Patrol Unit
- Police Activity League (PAL) Director
- Honor Guard
Salary and Benefit Information
Recruit Police Officer
$7,671 - $9,780 monthly
$92,052 - $117,360 annually, plus excellent benefits
Police Officer (Lateral)
$10,421 - $13,299 monthly
$125,052 - $159,888, plus excellent benefits
Application deadline: April 1, 2019
Mandatory Orientation: April 13, 2019
Oral Examination/Interview: Week of April 15, 2019
Prior to appointment, all candidates will be required to pass a City background investigation, which will include fingerprinting, a polygraph and a psychological test. A medical examination is also required following a conditional job offer.
Click here to view information regarding future application deadlines.
The Santa Clara Police Department is actively seeking new members to join our law enforcement family and we encourage you to view our recruitment video! If you meet the minimum qualifications and are interested in a career in law enforcement, apply today.