Traffic Advisory for Levi’s® Stadium and the Surrounding Area - Sunday, May 12
The U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team will be playing South Africa at Levi’s® Stadium on Sunday, May 12 at 1:30pm. Approximately 20,000 attendees are expected. Event information can be found on the Levi’s® Stadium website at www.levisstadium.com
- Heavy traffic and delays are anticipated on major thoroughfares leading to and from the stadium, including Highways 101, 237, 880, Lawrence Expressway, Great America Parkway and San Tomas Expressway, as a result of the event. Expect increased traffic to begin around 10:00am and continue following the conclusion of the event, estimated at 3:45pm;
- Tasman Drive will be closed from Convention Center Drive to Centennial / Marie P DeBartolo Way on Sunday, May 12 beginning at 1:00am and will remained closed through the conclusion of the event;
- Stadium-goers are encouraged to take public transportation. For light rail and bus lines contact Valley Transportation Authority, ACE/Capitol Corridor heavy rail or CalTrain;
- If you are driving a personal vehicle, input your address for step-by-step directions to each lot. Note, other map programs and/or apps may not take road closures into consideration;
- Do not park in residential neighborhoods;
- Parking lots will open at 10:00am. Pre-paid parking passes can be purchased at www.levisstadium.com. Please note, ADA parking will be available in Red Lot 1. In addition, several outside lots provide parking for guests needing mobility assistance. These lots provide courtesy shuttles to the stadium;
- For this event only, guests using a rideshare service should be dropped off and picked up on Great America Parkway between Old Glory and Tasman Drive;
- Complimentary bicycle valet service is located in Red Lot 1 and Green Lot 1 as overflow lots. Bicycle valet will be open 3.5 hours prior to the event through 1 hour upon completion of the Levi’s® Stadium event. Bicycle Routes leading to Levi’s® Stadium are accessible from the following trails and/or roadways: San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail, John W. Christian Greenbelt Trail/Prescott, Guadalupe River Trail, Great America Parkway, Lafayette Street, Tasman Drive/Great Mall Parkway/Capital Avenue and North First Street. Bicycle traffic on the San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail will be diverted in order to ensure the integrity of the stadium’s security perimeter;
- No parking will be allowed on Tasman Drive on Sunday, May 12;
- No parking will be allowed on the clearly marked posted section of Lick Mill Boulevard on Sunday, May 12;
- Residents should allow additional time for travel and may consider taking alternate routes to and from their homes;
- The City of Santa Clara Traffic Engineering Department has made traffic cameras available to help individuals make travel decisions based on road conditions;
- To reduce traffic in residential neighborhoods, the Santa Clara Police Department will have checkpoints at the following intersections:
- Lafayette Street and Calle de Primavera
- Lafayette Street and Hogan Drive
- Agnew Road and Lakeshore Drive
- Agnew Road and Cheeney Street
- Wilcox Avenue and Gianera Street (egress only)
- At approximately 10:00am, Fairway Glen Drive and Eisenhower Drive will be closed on the east side of Lafayette Street. Residents will be encouraged to use Hogan Drive or Calle de Primavera for access to their street(s).
During this same timeframe, Bassett Street, Davis Street, Fillmore Street and Lake Santa Clara Drive will be closed to the west of Lafayette Street. Residents will be encouraged to use Cheeney Street and Lakeshore Drive for access to their street(s);
- Everyone is encouraged to read the message boards and follow the instructions of police personnel and private security;
- Be observant and monitor your environment. If you notice suspicious objects or observe suspicious behavior, report this information to local law enforcement immediately;
- Due to the day and time of this event, as well as the need to use slow-moving equipment or other barriers to perform event set-up, for safety reasons the San Tomas Aquino / Saratoga Creek Trail will close at 9:00am on Sunday, May 12. Ticketed pedestrians and bicyclists will be able to use the Creek Trail to access the stadium for this event beginning at 10:00am;
Non-ticketed bicyclists will be rerouted via Agnew Road, Lakeshore Drive, Gianera Street, the VTA Great America Train Station Parking lot, Stars and Stripes Drive and service road/trail along the rear of the Tasman Parking Garage, and then back to the San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail.
Non-ticketed pedestrians will be rerouted via Agnew Road, Mission College Boulevard, America Parkway past the Santa Clara Convention Center, and then back to the San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail.
Please help us keep the creek and trail litter free.
It should be noted that all undercrossings may be subject to periodic closures during the rainy seasons when they are inundated by the water levels in the creek. For information on closures of the trail for maintenance or weather, call (408) 615-3080;
- Do not drink and drive;
- Levi’s® Stadium prohibits all bags, backpacks and other carriers from being brought into the stadium with the following exceptions:
- NFL approved clear plastic bag (12" x 6" x 12")
- One gallon clear plastic Ziplock type bag
- Small clutch bag (the size of an adult hand, 4.5" x 6.5")
In addition, all approved bags are subject to inspection upon entry and are subject to additional inspections within the stadium. More information about the bag policy is available online.
- Levi’s® Stadium promotes an environment where guests can enjoy their game day experience. Guest are encouraged to immediately report violations of the stadium Code of Conduct using one of the following methods:
- Contact stadium ushers, security personnel or law enforcement officer;
- Text “SUPPORT” to 69050 with description of issue and location, or;
- Call Guest Services Office at (408) 579-4600
- California's Great America theme park will be open from 10:00am-7:00pm on Sunday, May 12. As a result, traffic is expected to be heavier than normal in the area;
- Counterflow is not planned for this event. Please follow all written and verbal instructions to assist with a smooth egress.
- In an effort to better serve residents, businesses and event goers, effective immediately new procedures have been developed to report and track concerns associated with Levi’s Stadium. To report a concern, dial (408)615-2280. Callers will be provided four options – Code Enforcement, Neighborhood Protection Team, Non-Emergency Assistance and City Manager’s Office. Emergency situations should be reported by calling 9-1-1. Do NOT use social media to report issues requiring police, fire or medical response as it is NOT monitored 24/7, 365.
Responsibility for noise, garbage, etc. Code Enforcement is open Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm, except holidays, and messages will be returned accordingly.
Neighborhood Protection Team
The Santa Clara Police Department has a presence in north side neighborhoods on event days. The Neighborhood Protection Team has responsibility for resident checkpoints/vehicle admission sticker, vehicle blocking a driveway, alcoholic beverages in city parks, rideshare vehicles double parked on roadways or individuals conducting themselves inappropriately. Public Safety Dispatchers field calls for the Neighborhood Protection Team and can be reached 24/7, 365.
This option should be utilized for situations that do NOT need an immediate response by police, fire or medical personnel. Examples of non-emergency calls include noise (e.g. loud party, barking dog), suspicious person (e.g. loitering, cruising streets repeatedly, peering into house/car window), drunk in public, vandalism/graffiti and traffic accident without injuries. Non-emergency assistance is also available 24/7, 365.
City Manager’s Office
The Stadium Authority exists as a public body, separate and distinct from the City and was established to provide for the development and operation of Levi's Stadium. Responsibilities include leases, agreements, financial reports, etc. The City Manager’s Office is open Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm, except holidays, and messages will be returned accordingly. Issues, questions or complaints can also be submitted via the free MySantaClara app available at http://santaclaraca.gov/residents/mysantaclara
Call 9-1-1 police, fire or medical emergencies that require immediate action. Examples of appropriate use of 9-1-1 include fire, burglary in progress, fight or display of weapons, medical condition is life or limb threatening, sounds of breaking glass, gunshots or screaming, strange odor coming from a house or building or a traffic accident with injuries. Emergency assistance is available 24/7, 365.
- Future traffic advisories can be obtained by subscribing to eNotify and/or Nixle.
Santa Clara Police Department
601 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95050
General inquiries / Police building: 408-615-4700 (Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm; Saturday, 9am-3pm; Sunday, closed)