Traffic Advisory for the City of Santa Clara - Thursday, July 4
Two significant events are planned on Thursday, July 4 in the City of Santa Clara - All City Picnic and Fireworks Extravaganza in Central Park and California's Great America Fireworks Show. Details for each are below:
All City Picnic and Fireworks Extravaganza
- The fireworks show is planned for 9:30 p.m.
- The following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic at varying times throughout the day:
- Kiely Boulevard, between the Pavilion Parking Lot and 1000 Kiely Blvd., 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Patricia Drive, between the Tennis Center and the Lawn Bowling Green, 7:30 a.m.-11 p.m.
- White Drive, between Benton Street and Las Palmas, 7-11 p.m.
- Las Palmas Drive, between Benton Street and Homestead Road, 7-11 p.m.
- Additionally, westbound traffic on Homestead Road will be diverted onto north and southbound San Tomas Expressway, beginning at 7 p.m.
- Walking, biking (a free Bike Watch will be available) and/or carpooling are encouraged
- Passenger drop-off is designated in front of the Central Park Library
- On-street parking is limited. Do not block resident driveways, fire hydrants or crosswalks
- ADA Parking is available in the Pavilion Parking Lot
- St. Justin’s School and Santa Clara High School offer managed parking lots
- The following items are not allowed in Central Park:
- Personal fireworks - possession and discharge of any fireworks, including “Safe and Sane” firework, are illegal. A warning letter or citation may be issued to violators
- Portable barbecues
- Open flames
- The event is sponsored by Silicon Valley Power, with support from the County of Santa Clara 2019 Fireworks Grant, and produced by City of Santa Clara. Visit http://santaclaraca.gov/4thofjuly for the entertainment schedule, food trucks, community food booths, restricted items and more
California’s Great America
- The theme park is open 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. on Thursday, July 4. The fireworks show is scheduled for 9:45 p.m.
- Attendees are encouraged to take public transportation. For light rail and bus lines contact Valley Transportation Authority, ACE/Capitol Corridor heavy rail or CalTrain
- Guests using a rideshare service should be dropped off and picked up on Great America Parkway between Old Glory and Tasman Drive
The Santa Clara Police Department is offering the following tips for events at both locations:
- Heavy traffic and delays are anticipated on the roadways in and around both event venues
- Residents should allow additional time for travel and may consider taking alternate routes to and from their homes
- The City of Santa Clara Traffic Engineering Department has made traffic cameras available to help individuals make travel decisions based on road conditions
- Do not block driveways, fire hydrants or crosswalks in residential neighborhoods, and dispose of your personal trash
- Do not drink and drive
- Everyone is encouraged to read the message boards and follow the instructions of police personnel and private security
- Be observant and monitor your environment. If you notice suspicious objects or observe suspicious behavior, report this information to local law enforcement immediately
Residents are asked to report the following circumstances:
- Injury - call 9-1-1
- Fire - call 9-1-1
- Property damage - call the non-emergency number 408-615-5580
- Sale of fireworks - call the non-emergency number 408-615-5580
- Knowledge of an exact location where fireworks are being set off - call the non-emergency number 408-615-5580. Without an exact location, it is very difficult for the Fire Marshall or Police to locate violators
- Do NOT use social media to report issues requiring police, fire or medical response as it is NOT monitored 24/7, 365
Santa Clara Police Department
601 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95050
General inquiries / Police building: 408-615-4700 (Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm; Saturday, 9am-3pm; Sunday, closed)