National Night Out is Tonight!
A Chance to Meet Neighbors and Help Prevent Crime
Today is the day we have been looking forward to - it's National Night Out!
Lock your doors, turn on your porch light and spend a beautiful evening outside with your neighbors.
Knowing the people who live near you fosters community cohesion and is a comforting feeling. Connecting with your neighbors has countless benefits including friendships, information, support and access to resources as well as an increased sense of well-being, open mindedness, community resilience, safety and belonging.
- Introduce yourself to your neighbors - old and new
- Share stories of Santa Clara past and present
- Learn about other people's lives - hobbies, work, volunteerism, travel
- Ask a police officer, firefighter, City Council member or School Board member a question
- Pose for a photo with a fire or police vehicle
- Ask a neighbor if you can watch for a package, water a garden or walk a dog
- Arrange to help an elderly or disabled neighbor with a project or repair
- Find out who is your Neighborhood Watch Captain, and attend a future meeting
- Discuss what you would do if you observe suspicious activity or when a natural disaster occurs
- Consider sharing (or update) your contact information with the individuals on your block
- Enjoy delicious treats and share recipes
We look forward to seeing you tonight.