Are you prepared for a power outage?
The safety of our customers and community is our top priority. At this time, there are no immediate public safety power shutoff threats affecting Silicon Valley Power customers. We will notify our customers of any potential power outages as soon as we are alerted.
While the risk of wildfires is very low in the city of Santa Clara, all customers should be prepared for a possible public safety power shutoff. Be sure to prepare an emergency plan in advance in case your family is affected by a power shutoff – or any other emergency.
Ways to prepare
- Sign up to receive news alerts
- Follow us on Twitter for outage updates
- Sign up at AlertSCC
- Download our Power Outage Preparedness guide
- Identify backup charging methods for phones and keep hard copies of emergency numbers
- Plan for any medical needs such as medications that need to be refrigerated or devices that require power
- Have a personal safety plan in place for every member of your household (including pets)
- Build or restock your emergency supply kit, including food, water, flashlights, a radio, fresh batteries, first aid supplies and cash
- Learn how to manually open your garage door
- If you own a backup generator, ensure it is ready to safely operate
Find out more information on ways to prepare at siliconvalleypower.com/SantaClaraReady