Public Safety is Our #1 Priority
According to Silicon Valley Power (SVP), there are no immediate threats of a power outage in the City of Santa Clara. However, you may be impacted by an outage as part of your commute. In an outage, traffic signals may not work.
In a nutshell - treat the intersection like a four-way stop:
* The first vehicle to come to a complete stop at the intersection goes first;
* If two vehicles arrive and stop at the same time, the one on the right goes first;
* If two vehicles stop at the intersection at about the same time and are facing each other, the one making a left turn yields to the one going straight through. Otherwise, both vehicles proceed straight through at the same time.
* In all cases, yield to pedestrians.
* Before entering the intersection, be sure other approaching vehicles are following the rules and coming to a complete stop.
Refer to SVP to prepare for a power outage, bit.ly/2ItV3N5. To report a power outage in the City of Santa Clara, call SVP at (408)615-5640.