Wifi Hotspots Available for Checkout
Santa Clara City Library and both of its branches is offering Internet To Go devices called Hotspots. You can use these 4G LTE mobile hotspots to connect compatible computers or Wi-Fi-enabled consumer electronics like smartphones and tablets to the Internet from any location within the Sprint 3G or 4G coverage area.
Hotspot Lending Guidelines
- 1 week checkout; renew it one time if there are no holds, or place a hold.
- Must be 13 years old and up with a valid Picture ID to check out a Hotspot.
- Hotspot checkout is limited to one per person per week.
- $30.00 overdue fee.
- A fee of $60.00 will be charged for Hotspots that are lost, stolen, damaged or not returned within 3 days and the patron will be reported to a Collection Agency.
- Hotspots must be returned to the Circulation Desk complete with bag and power supply cord. If a Hotspot is not returned on the due date, it will be turned off and wireless service will be terminated.