Measure B Citizens’ Oversight Committee
Last week, the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) Board of Directors approved the process for recruiting applicants for its 2016 Measure B Citizens’ Oversight Committee.
VTA is now actively seeking individuals who bring important relevant experience to the 8-member committee. Those interested are encouraged to apply by filling out an online application. Hard copies are also available upon request. We would like to get your assistance in sharing this information with your constituents/network who may be interested in applying.
In order to fulfill the commitment of 2016 Measure B to have an independent oversight committee audit and report on the performance of VTA and the various project sponsors to ensure the funds are being expended consistent with the approved programs, the 2016 Measure B Citizens’ Oversight Committee members must be citizens of Santa Clara County who are eligible to vote. The committee should have members that have the following experience:
- A retired federal or state judge or administrative law judge or an individual with experience as a mediator or arbitrator.
- A professional from the field of municipal/public finance with a minimum of four years relevant experience.
- A professional with a minimum of four years of experience in management and administration of financial policies, performance measurement and reviews.
- A professional with demonstrated experience of four years or more in the management of large scale construction projects.
- A regional community organization representative with at least one year of decision making experience.
- A regional business organization representative with at least one year of decision making experience.
- A professional with four years of experience in organized labor.
- A professional with a minimum of four years of experience in educational administration at the high school or college level.
Membership will be limited to two consecutive terms only.The applicant submission deadline is Friday, April 21, 2017.