Traffic Advisory for Levi’s® Stadium and the Surrounding Area on Wednesday, May 17
Attendees - Take Public Transportation / Residents – Allow Additional Time to Travel To and From Your Home
U2's The Joshua Tree Tour will take place at Levi’s® Stadium on Wednesday, May 17. The event is scheduled to start at 6:30pm. The anticipated attendance is 50,000. Event information can be found on the Levi’s® Stadium website at www.levisstadium.com
NOTE: Due to U2's requested ticketing procedures, expect significant delays to get into the stadium. Attendees are encouraged to arrive early.
- Heavy traffic and delays are anticipated on major thoroughfares leading to and from the stadium, including Highways 101, 237, 880, Lawrence Expressway, Great America Parkway and San Tomas Expressway, as a result of the event. Expect increased traffic to begin around 3:00pm and at the conclusion of the event, estimated at 10:00pm;
- Tasman Drive will be closed from Convention Center Drive to Centennial / Marie P DeBartolo Way on Wednesday, May 17 at 9:30am and will remained closed through the conclusion of the event;
- Stadium-goers are encouraged to take public transportation. For light rail and bus lines contact Valley Transportation Authority, ACE/Capitol Corridor heavy rail or CalTrain;
- If you are driving a personal vehicle, input your address for step-by-step directions to each lot. Do not use alternate map sources (e.g. Google) as they do not take into consideration the event traffic management plan (e.g. road closures). Do not park in residential neighborhoods;
- Parking lots will open at 3:30pm. Pre-paid parking passes can be purchased online. Personal vehicles with pre-paid parking passes will be directed to park in the California’s Great America theme park lot.
- Guests using Uber for post-event pick-up will exit out of Intel Gate A, cross Convention Center Way and walk northbound on Great America Parkway to Red Lot 7;
- Only the following cab companies with permits in the City of Santa Clara are authorized to conduct pick-ups in Santa Clara - Green Cab, Rainbow Cab, A Orange Cab, Silicon Valley Cab and Yellow Checker / Yellow Cab. Each licensed cab company is subject to annual safety inspections, must maintain the proper level of insurance and drivers are subject to a background investigation.
- Complimentary bicycle valet service is located in Red Lot 1, Red Lot 6, and Green Lot 1 as overflow lots. Bicycle valet will be open 2.5 hours prior to the event through 1 hour upon completion of the Levi’s® Stadium event. Bicycle Routes leading to Levi’s® Stadium are accessible from the following trails and/or roadways: San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail, John W. Christian Greenbelt Trail/Prescott, Guadalupe River Trail, Great America Parkway, Lafayette Street, Tasman Drive/Great Mall Parkway/Capital Avenue and North First Street.
- No parking will be allowed on Tasman Drive on Wednesday, May 17;
- No parking will be allowed on the clearly marked posted section of Lick Mill Boulevard on Wednesday, May 17;
- Residents should allow additional time for travel and may consider taking alternate routes to and from their homes;
- The City of Santa Clara Traffic Engineering Department has made traffic cameras available to help individuals make travel decisions based on road conditions;
- To reduce traffic in residential neighborhoods, the Santa Clara Police Department will have checkpoints at the following intersections:
- Lafayette Street and Calle de Primavera
- Bassett Street and Wyatt Drive
- Agnew Road and Lafayette Street
- Agnew Road and Mission College Boulevard
- At approximately 12:00pm, Fairway Glen Drive and Eisenhower Drive will be closed on the east side of Lafayette Street until approximately 8:00pm. Residents will be encouraged to use Hogan Drive or Calle de Primavera for access to their street(s).
During this same timeframe, Bassett Street, Davis Street, Fillmore Street and Lake Santa Clara Drive will be closed to the west of Lafayette Street. Residents will be encouraged to use Cheeney Street and Lakeshore Drive for access to their street(s).
- Everyone is encouraged to read the message boards and follow the instructions of police personnel and private security;
- Be observant and monitor your environment. If you notice suspicious objects or observe suspicious behavior, report this information to local law enforcement immediately;
- Due to the day and time of this event, as well as the need to use slow-moving equipment or other barriers to perform event set-up, for safety reasons the San Tomas Aquino / Saratoga Creek Trail will close at 1:00pm on Wednesday, May 17. Beginning at 2:00pm, pedestrians and bicyclists must physically have a ticket to this event to access this portion of the trail; no will call. Pedestrians and bicyclists with tickets will proceed through the security check and magnetometers, and will be held to the same criteria (e.g. bag policy) as the balance of the stadium attendees. The trail will reopen shortly after the event;
Non-ticketed bicyclists will be rerouted via Agnew Road, Lakeshore Drive, Gianera Street, the VTA Great America Train Station Parking lot, Stars and Stripes Drive and service road/trail along the rear of the Tasman Parking Garage, and then back to the San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail.
Non-ticketed pedestrians will be rerouted via Agnew Road, Mission College Boulevard, Great America Parkway past the Santa Clara Convention Center, and then back to the San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail.
Please help us keep the creek and trail litter free.
It should be noted that all undercrossings may be subject to periodic closures during the rainy seasons when they are inundated by the water levels in the creek. For information on closures of the trail for maintenance or weather, call (408) 615-3080;
- Do not drink and drive;
- California’s Great America theme park will be open from 10:00am-6:00pm and the Santa Clara Convention Center (end time 5:00pm) is hosting a large event. This will have an impact on traffic as well;
- Levi’s® Stadium prohibits all bags, backpacks and other carriers from being brought into the stadium. More information about the bag policy is available online.
- The Stadium Authority will serve as the first point of contact to the public for stadium operations issues (e.g. parking, traffic, noise, etc.). A customer service representative can assist the public at (408)673-2100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The Santa Clara Police Department can be contacted for non-emergencies at 408-615-5580 or 9-1-1 in the case of an emergency;
Santa Clara Police Department
601 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95050
For media inquiries, please call Lieutenant Dan Moreno, 408-615-4865.