Mission Santa Clara de Asis
- City Manager
- Historic Properties
- Service Address500 El Camino Real
Mission Santa Clara de Asis is located on the campus of Santa Clara University at 500 El Camino Real. The present building is an enlarged replica of the original church built on this site in 1822. In 1926, the old Mission Church was destroyed by fire. The St. Francis Chapel at the rear of the church is the only surviving remnant of the 1822 church. The University of Santa Clara was the first institution to offer classes in higher learning in California. Also visit the site of the third mission (1784-1818) at Franklin and El Camino adjacent to the main entrance to the University.
More information about the Mission Santa Clara de Asis can be found on the Santa Clara University website.