Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Santa Clara Fire Museum

  • Service Address1900 Walsh Avenue
  • Fire Museum Sign
  • Fire Truck
  • Fire Truck
  • Helmets
  • Exhibits
  • Exhibits
  • Exhibits
  • Exhibits

The Santa Clara Fire Museum is located at 1900 Walsh Avenue, behind Santa Clara Fire Station #2 in the old Training Center. The museum showcases memorabilia that has been in the Fire Department since its founding in the mid-19th century, as well as modern firefighting equipment and photographs.

One exhibit is a restored Model T Ford truck originally purchased by the City in 1920 and put into service as a hose wagon by the City Volunteers in 1921.  The Model T was used on the line until 1944. It was loaned to the Burbank Fire District in San Jose for two years where it was used as a hose wagon.  In 1946, the T was given back to the City of Santa Clara and the Street Department used it to patch streets.  In 1952, it was put in storage behind Fire Station #2 on Walsh Avenue.  In 1967, it was rebuilt and used for parades and social occasions.  In 1973, the Model T was used in muster competitions by the Saint Clare Hook & Ladder Society. For the past 30 years, the Model T was stored at Fire Station #9, until its restoration in 2013 by the Santa Clara Valley Model T Ford Club.  

The restoration project took more than a year and required the expertise of many volunteers.  The truck was rebuilt from the ground up, with many original parts restored, including the wooden wheels and the 20 horsepower engine.  


Sundays from 1pm to 5pm or by appointment.

1900 Walsh Avenue (located behind Fire Station 2)
Santa Clara, CA 95050
(408) 727-5770

Return to full list >>

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer
View Full Site