Administering Department: Community Development
Tel: 408-615-2420 • Fax: 408-241-3823
Minor Fax Permit Application Procedures
- Please fill out the required forms completely. If you are paying by credit card, please be sure to sign the credit card authorization form (PDF) and fax it with the Minor (FAX) Permit Application Form (PDF) (lightly grayed out area must be filled out completely).
- All declarations, including owner/builder, contractors license workers compensation insurance, affirmation to comply with ordinances and laws, and credit card authorization must be signed.
- Contractor must fax a copy of the valid Worker's Compensation Insurance Certificate together with the completed Minor (FAX) Permit Application Form (PDF).
- Contractor must fax a copy of the valid Santa Clara business license with the application. A business license can be obtained from City Hall at 1500 Warburton Ave, or you may use the New Business Tax Affidavit Form (PDF) provided on this website. For information regarding business license, please call 408-615-2310.
- Provide construction value and roofing material for re-roofing (PDF). The cost of the permit will be calculated for you when the application is processed.
- Faxed permit applications are accepted for the following work:
- Replacement/Installation of water heaters or furnaces
- Repair of gas, sewer, or water lines
- Residential electrical service change up to 200 amps
- Replacement/Installation of outlets and fixtures
- Re-roofing (when roof diaphragm is replaced and no plan check is required) Submit attached form with all re-roof permit applications
- Sub permits (plumbing, mechanical or electrical) for a project where a valid building permit has been issued and no additional plan check is required
- Payment of re-inspection fees
The Minor (FAX) Permit Application Form (PDF) may also be mailed to our office at:
City of Santa Clara
1500 Warburton Ave.
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Note: The Minor (FAX) Permit Application (PDF) will not be processed if:
- the application form is incomplete
- the Workers' Compensation Insurance Certificate or business license are not submitted
- plan checking is required for the proposed work
A faxed permit application without a valid Permit Number is not a permit.