We now offer online bill payment. It's fast and easy.
After you have created your “My Utilities Account:
- Login and select Billing from the top menu bar.
- Choose “Automated Payments” from the drop-down menu.
- Check the “Pre-Authorize Payments” box.
- Select either the “Credit card plan” or “Bank plan” payment option, depending on your preference.
- Enter your credit card or checking account information, as appropriate.
- Read the ‘Terms and Conditions.’
- Check the ‘I agree’ box and click on ‘Submit’ to complete your automatic payment plan enrollment.
- A confirmation message will appear. Click the ‘OK’ button..
If you need to cancel or change the automatic payment option, please contact us at 408-615-2300.
Pay with online home banking through your personal financial institution or bank.
The City of Santa Clara's ACH Enrollment Form must be fully completed and processed by the City of Santa Clara in order to be used as a payment option. A stipulation of emailing the City of Santa Clara (on the day of transfer) must be agreed upon in order to take advantage of this payment option. Within that email the total amount being transferred/ date and a breakdown of account numbers and amounts to be paid must be included.
Please be aware that the City of Santa Clara will post payment(s) on the utility account(s) on the day in which we receive notification from the bank--not on the day in which the transfer is authorized by you/company. Because of weekends and holidays, please transfer funds 3-4 days prior to the bills' due date in order to avoid any possible late fees from incurring on the account(s).
Pay by phone
Pay with your credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) over the phone anytime day or night, 408-615-2300.
Pay by mail
Pay with a check or money order made out to the City of Santa Clara. Mail your payment to the address below.
Pay in person
Pay with cash, check, money order, credit or debit card in person at the Municipal Service counter on the upper level of City Hall's west wing at 1500 Warburton Avenue; Santa Clara, CA. Their hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:55 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Drive-up after hours: There is a drop box at City Hall in the small parking lot on the corner of Warburton and Lincoln at the Warburton Driveway. Envelopes are picked up once a day at 8:00 a.m. Please do not leave cash in the drop box.
Municipal Utilities Mailing Address
City of Santa Clara Municipal Utilities
P.O. BOX 49067
San Jose, CA 95161-9067