Station visits and tours offer a unique opportunity to meet firefighters, paramedics and emergency medical technicians and learn about what they do. Visitors will also get to see some of the equipment used to keep their community safe.
The City of Santa Clara’s fire stations are open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for guided tours and visits on a pre-arranged and approved basis. Please submit your station tour request at least 14 days in advance, but not more than 3 months in advance. Visits are coordinated around a training schedule and the department will do its best to accommodate your request.
Fire Station Tours for Groups:
- Each tour is approximately thirty minutes long.
- Guided tours are provided for City of Santa Clara residents or students of schools within the city limits only (Proof of residency required).
- For safety reasons, all tours are limited to a maximum of twenty-five people and require at least one (1) adult chaperone for each five (5) children.
- All tour participants must be at least four (4) years of age.
- Schools requesting station tours or engine visits must be made by a teacher or school administrator from the school requesting the tour.
- Schools requesting station tours: Visits are generally scheduled with the closest fire station; however if unavailable, tours may be scheduled with the next closest available station.
- Even with confirmed tours, there is a possibility that the crew might be called out and that the station will be closed when you arrive. Please wait whatever you feel is a reasonable amount of time. If the crew does not return within that time frame, please contact us to reschedule your visit.
- Please note all of our fire stations are working fire stations and remain available for emergency responses during tours and visits. Tours may be cut short or need to be rescheduled in the event of an emergency.
- Please no requests for personal parties and birthday events. A station tour is welcome as part of an event. We ask that you do not hold party festivities such as cake, ice cream or gifts at the station.
Fire Station Tours for Individuals or Small Groups of Five or Less:
Small groups of fewer than five people may feel free to stop by their local fire station between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. If the fire crew is not busy, they will be happy to give you a guided tour of the fire station. No special reservation is required for individuals or small groups.
Thank you for your interest in the Santa Clara Fire Department.