Senate Bill 272
Approved on October 11, 2015, adds a section to the California Public Records Act requiring local agencies to create a catalog of Enterprise Systems by July 1, 2016 with annual updates.
A software application or computer system that collects, stores, exchanges and analyzes information that the agency uses that is both of the following:
- A multi-departmental system or a system that contains information collected about the public.
- A system that serves as an original source of data within an agency
An Enterprise System does not include any of the following:
- Information Technology security systems, including firewalls and other cybersecurity systems.
- Physical access control systems, employee identification management systems, video monitoring and other physical control systems.
- Infrastructure and mechanical control systems, including those that control or manage street lights, electrical, natural gas or water or sewer functions.
- Systems related to 911 dispatch and operation or emergency services. Systems that would be restricted from disclosure by Section 6254.19.
- The specific records that the information technology system collects, stores, exchanges or analyzes.
1. Create a catalog of enterprise systems, containing:
- Current system vendor
- Current system product
- System’s purpose
- A description of categories or types of data
- The department that is the prime custodian of the data
- The frequency that system data is collected
- The frequency that system data is updated
2. To make the catalog publicly available upon request
3. To post the catalog in a prominent location on the agency’s website
If the public interest served by not disclosing the information described clearly outweighs the public interest served by disclosure, the local agency may instead provide a system name, brief title or identifier of the system.
|Product||Vendor||Purpose||Data Category||Custodian||Collection Frequency||Update Frequency|
|Active.net||The Active Network Inc||Recreation class and facilities scheduling||Recreation Software||Parks & Rec||As Needed||As Needed|
|Enterprise GIS (ArcGIS||ESRI||Mapping of relational geospatial data.||Geographic Information Systems||Info Tech||As Needed||As Needed|
|Harris NorthStar||Harris Computer Systems||Utility Billing System (Electric, Water/Sewer and trash)||Utility Billing||Finance||As Needed||As Needed|
|Insight Applicant Tracking (Neogov)||Neogov||Applicant tracking||Human Resources||Human Resources||As Needed||As Needed|
|Lucity||Lucity||Customer requests and work orders||Other||Water-Sewer||As Needed||As Needed|
|PeopleSoft Enterprise Financial Management||Oracle America Inc.||Financial management - Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Inventory, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Billing||Financial System||Finance||As Needed||As Needed|
|PeopleSoft Enterprise Human Capital Management System||Oracle America Inc.||Human Resources management and Payroll||Human Resources||Finance||As Needed||As Needed|
|PublicStuff||Accela, Inc.||Citizen Request (Website Mobile App & 311)||WebSite||City Manager||As Needed||As Needed|
|Sharepoint - CSI||Microsoft||Intranet||WebSite||Info Tech||As Needed||As Needed|
|Granicus - Legistar and Video Services||Granicus||Agenda creation and management, web based meetings access and streaming video to the public.||Agenda Management||City Clerk||As Needed||As Needed|
|Sierra||Innovative Interfaces Inc.||Library Patron and Inventory Management||Library Catalog||Library||As Needed||As Needed|
|SIRE Document Management||Hyland Software, Inc||Records management||Document Management||City Clerk||As Needed||As Needed|
|Tidemark||Accela, Inc.||Community Development department collects customers address, and building permits. Fees.||Permitting||Community Development||As Needed||As Needed|
|Vision Content Management||Vision Internet||City Websites||WebSite||Info Tech||As Needed||As Needed|