Winners of the 2018 Santa Clara City Library Graphic Novel Contest
Congratulations to all our winners! An awards ceremony will be held on
Thursday, November 15th at 7pm at Central Park Library.
Thank you to all contestants for participating--we were impressed by the many wonderful comics that were submitted to the contest by talented children and teens. We hope you will continue to polish your artistic skills!
Click on the title to view each winning entry.
1st through 3rd Grade
4th through 6th Grade
7th though 12th Grade Division
1st place: Xinran Xu for "A Shadow"
2nd Place: Angie Yang for "Fish Out of Water”
3rd Place: Andrew Chang for "How Climate Change Affects Coral Reefs"
For any questions, please contact Kelly Quinn Chiu at email@example.com
Submit your best graphic novels to the Santa Clara City Library Graphic Novel Contest.
About the Competition:
- Children from grades 1-12 are eligible to participate in the contest. Entries will be judged in the following grade categories: 1-3, 4-6, 7-12.
- A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner will be selected in each category.
- Each winner will receive a prize sponsored by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. and will be invited to an awards ceremony on Thursday, November 15th.
- Entries are judged based on originality, creativity, cohesiveness, and artistic quality.
- All entries must be received by Thursday, November 1st. No entries will be returned, so consider submitting a clear photocopy if you’d like to keep your original work.
- All creators must be in grades 1-12 and live within Santa Clara County or have a Santa Clara City Library card.
- Entries must be the creator’s own work and submitted with their knowledge and consent. Writers and artists may work as a team if both members are eligible to participate, but will be considered a single entry and share any prizes awarded.
- Entries may be on any subject, in any genre or art style, and may be fiction or nonfiction.
- Entries should be a maximum of ten single-sided pages, including the cover page. They should be on US letter-size paper (8.5 x 11), with text and art on one side only, and may be in black and white or color.
- Computer generated images are acceptable if they are your original work (no clip art or copyrighted art).
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
How to Enter:
- Fill out an entry form.
- Attach your graphic novel to the back of the entry form with a paperclip.
- Turn your entries in at the Youth Services desk at Central Park Library or the Customer Service desk at Northside Library between Monday, October 1st and Thursday, November 1st.
The Santa Clara City Library Graphic Novel Contest is sponsored by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. and the Library Foundation & Friends.