Girls Who Code is a national non-profit organization dedicated to closing the gender gap in technology. Free after-school clubs are offered for girls in 6th-12th grade to explore coding in a fun and friendly environment. Santa Clara City Library is proud to be a host site for this program.
Applications for the 2019-2020 school year will be available beginning November 2019.
What you need to know:
- Central Park Library Club will begin in January 2020. Classes will be held on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Mission Branch Library Club will begin in January 2020. Classes will be held on Tuesdays from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Northside Branch Library Club will begin in January 2020. Classes dates TBD.
- All classes will run through May 2020 (final date to be determined by coursework completion).
- Girls must be in 6th-12th grade.
- Students must attend & complete 80% of the coursework in order to graduate.
- There are limited spaces. All potential students must fill out an application and be interviewed. Applications will be available beginning November, 2019.
- Laptops can be provided for students without access to one.
Please call Youth Services at 1-408-615-2916 if you have any questions.