Santa Clara Parks & Recreation Department offers programs for all ages, and a wide variety of classes, including creative arts, dance, special interest, fitness, and sports.
- Recreation Activity Guides are published in three sessions: Winter/Spring, Summer, and Fall.
- Guides are available at the Community Recreation Center (CRC), Walter E. Schmidt Youth Activity Center (YAC), Teen Center, Senior Center, City Hall, and City libraries.
- Guides are also available online (see below).
- For all classes, there are resident fees and non-resident fees.
- Each session, proof of Santa Clara residency (for City of Santa Clara residents) must be shown and a signed Release of Liability form must be completed.
Registration is available
- Over the counter
Online registration is here!
*Beginning Winter/Spring 2016, we are using an upgraded registration software. You must create a new account (previous barcode and PIN numbers are invalid in the new system).
Printable Guides and Registration Form
»Winter/Spring 2016 Recreation Activity Guide PDF
»Registration Form and Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement (PDF)
For 2015 Fall Classes
- Provides instant registration and receipts from your computer.
- Online registration is available 24 hours a day. You may also waitlist courses online.
- You will need your account “PIN” and “client barcode” numbers to use the online registration system. If you already have an account, but forgot your PIN and barcode numbers, you can retrieve it online by entering your email address (your barcode and PIN will be emailed to you. If you did not include an email address when setting up your account call (408) 615-3140 or PRCustomerServe@santaclaraca.gov
- If this is your first time registering, prior to using the online registration system, fill out and bring a Registration Form and Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement and proof of residency to one of the locations listed below in the Walk-in Registration section. We will create an account for you and give you your client barcode and PIN numbers. You may also submit this information via fax or email PRCustomerServe@santaclaraca.gov
- You may pay for classes online with a major credit card or an existing credit balance on your account.
- Note: Course and supply fees appear separately online; total class cost (published fee in the guide) will appear upon checkout. No additional fees are charged for Online Registration.
For 2016 Winter/Spring Classes
The City of Santa Clara Parks & Recreation Department has upgraded to a new, mobile friendly, registration portal. You can go online from any wireless device, at any time of the day, to register for a class. Easily find what you're looking for with an improved activity search; you can search for an activity by keyword, age, day, time, location, or instructor!
- As part of the upgrade, you will need to se up a new online account before you can register. Create a profile for each family member and all future registration processes will be as simple as point and click. Previous account information is now invalid.
- No additional fees are charged for Online Registration.
- Go to apm.ActiveCommunities.com/SantaClara to set up your account and register.
- Walk-in registration can be completed at the following locations:
- Community Recreation Center (CRC) | 969 Kiely Boulevard, Santa Clara | (408) 615-3140, fax (408) 261-9146
- Teen Center | 2446 Cabrillo Avenue, Santa Clara | (408) 615-3740, fax (408) 241-2326
- Walter E. Schmidt Youth Activity Center (YAC) | 2450 Cabrillo Avenue, Santa Clara | (408) 615-3760, fax (408) 241-0842
- Senior Center | 1303 Fremont Street, Santa Clara | (408) 615-3170, fax (408) 246-0176
- Registration is first-come, first-served.
- Fill out and bring a Registration Form and Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement and proof of residency (City of Santa Clara residents) to one of the above locations.
- Be prepared to pay with a check, major credit card, or cash. You may also use the existing credit balance on your account.
- Mail-in Registration is accepted and is processed as time permits.
A Santa Clara resident is someone who:
- Resides in the City of Santa Clara or within the SCUSD boundaries
- Owns property in the City of Santa Clara or within the SCUSD boundaries
- Children with grandparents living in the City of Santa Clara (program registration only)
Acceptable proof of residency:
- Current California Driver’s License or ID
- Utility bill
- Property tax bill
- Pre-printed checks
- Car registration
For tennis class registration and information visit www.LifetimeActivities.com.