Santa Clara Parks & Recreation Department offers programs for all ages, and a wide variety of classes, including creative arts, dance, special interest, fitness, and sports.
- Recreation Activity Guides are published in three sessions: Winter, Spring/Summer, and Fall.
- Guides are available at the Community Recreation Center (CRC), Walter E. Schmidt Youth Activity Center (YAC), Teen Center, Senior Center, City Hall, and City libraries.
- Guides are also available online (see below).
- For all classes, there are resident fees and non-resident fees.
- Each session, proof of Santa Clara residency (for City of Santa Clara residents) must be shown and a signed Release of Liability form must be completed.
Registration is available
- Over the counter
*Beginning Winter/Spring 2016, we are using an upgraded registration software. You must create a new account (previous barcode and PIN numbers are invalid in the new system).
Printable Guides and Registration Form
- Winter 2018 Recreation Activity Guide PDF
- Fall 2017 Recreation Activity Guide PDF
- Registration Form and Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement (PDF)
The City of Santa Clara Parks & Recreation Department has upgraded to a new, mobile friendly, registration portal. You can go online from any wireless device, at any time of the day, to register for a class. Easily find what you're looking for with an improved activity search; you can search for an activity by keyword, age, day, time, location, or instructor!
- As part of the upgrade, you will need to se up a new online account before you can register. Create a profile for each family member and all future registration processes will be as simple as point and click. Previous account information is now invalid.
- No additional fees are charged for Online Registration.
- Go to apm.ActiveCommunities.com/SantaClara to set up your account and register.
- Answers to FAQs For Online Registration Customers
- Walk-in registration can be completed at the following locations:
- Community Recreation Center (CRC) | 969 Kiely Boulevard, Santa Clara | (408) 615-3140, fax (408) 261-9146
- Teen Center | 2446 Cabrillo Avenue, Santa Clara | (408) 615-3740, fax (408) 241-2326
- Walter E. Schmidt Youth Activity Center (YAC) | 2450 Cabrillo Avenue, Santa Clara | (408) 615-3760, fax (408) 241-0842
- Senior Center | 1303 Fremont Street, Santa Clara | (408) 615-3170, fax (408) 246-0176
- Registration is first-come, first-served.
- Fill out and bring a Registration Form and Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement and proof of residency (City of Santa Clara residents) to one of the above locations.
- Be prepared to pay with a check, major credit card, or cash. You may also use the existing credit balance on your account.
- Mail-in Registration is accepted and is processed as time permits.
A Santa Clara resident is someone who:
- Resides in the City of Santa Clara or within the SCUSD boundaries
- Owns property in the City of Santa Clara or within the SCUSD boundaries
- Children with grandparents living in the City of Santa Clara (program registration only)
Acceptable proof of residency:
- Current California Driver’s License or ID
- Utility bill
- Property tax bill
- Pre-printed checks
- Car registration
For tennis class registration and information visit www.LifetimeActivities.com.