New Residential Development
Park & Recreational Land Dedication and/or Fees Due In-Lieu
Since September 13, 2014, the Santa Clara City Code includes Chapter 17.35 “Park and Recreational Land” that requires new residential developments to provide developed park and recreational land, and/or pay a fee in-lieu thereof pursuant to the California Quimby Act (Quimby) and/or the Mitigation Fee Act (MFA). In addition, City Code Chapter 3.15 Dwelling Unit Tax also applies to residential development.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- FAQ-Fact Sheet Parkland Dedication, In Lieu Fees and Credits
- 2019 Public Park Amenity & Design Standards (subject to change)
Ordinances and Resolutions*:
- Ordinance #1937 (02-24-2015) Amended Chapter 17.35 to remove 1-acre prerequisite for fee credit eligibility
- Ordinance #1928(07-15-2014) Added Chapter 17.35 to City Code
*Fee Schedules are attached at end of each resolution.
Background Data & Supporting Documents:
Annual Land Valuation Appraisal Reports
- December 31, 2017 Land Valuation Appraisal Report
- December 31, 2016 Land Valuation Appraisal Report & Addenda
- December 31, 2015 Appraisal Report (Final Draft) August 15, 2016
Nexus Studies and Updates
- April 9, 2019 Parks & Recreation Facilities Development Impact Fee Study Update - Admin Draft (Willdan Financial Services)- To be considered August 27, 2019
- June 25, 2014 Park and Recreation Facilities Development Impact Fee Study - Final (Willdan Financial Services-Nexus Study)
Stakeholders and Community Input 2018-2019
- June 11 & June 27, 2018 - Public Community and Stakeholder Meetings #1 & #2 were held.
- January 4, 2019 Park & Recreation Facilities Development Impact Fee Study Update - Admin Draft (Willdan Financial Services)
- January 11, 2019 Notice of Public Input Period
- January 14, 2019 Begin Public Review and Comment Period (30 Business Days)
- Meeting #3: January 22, 2019 3:00PM- 4:00PM at the Santa Clara Senior Center 1303 Fremont Street Rm 232 (Presentation)
- Questions & Answers - Through February 15, 2019
- Public Comment & Letters - Received March 2018 through February 2019
- Meeting #4: February 26, 2019 3:00PM- 4:00PM at the Santa Clara Senior Center 1303 Fremont Street Rm 232 (Presentation)
- Public Input Period Ends February 26, 2019 5:00 PM
- City Council Meeting: April 9, 2019. (Item continued to August 27, 2019)
- City Council Meeting: August 27, 2019. (Item continued to October 8, 2019)
- City Council Meeting: October 8, 2019.
For more information, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 408-615-2260.