New Residential Development
Park & Recreational Land Dedication and/or Fees Due In-Lieu
Since September 13, 2014, the Santa Clara City Code includes Chapter 17.35 “Park and Recreational Land” that requires new residential developments to provide developed park and recreational land, and/or pay a fee in-lieu thereof pursuant to the California Quimby Act (Quimby) and/or the Mitigation Fee Act (MFA). In addition, City Code Chapter 3.15 Dwelling Unit Tax also applies to residential development.
Please note current documents, public input and update process are noted in yellow below.
Frequently asked questions:
- Ordinance #1937 (02-24-2015) Amended Chapter 17.35 to remove 1-acre prerequisite for fee credit eligibility
- Ordinance #1928(07-15-2014) Added Chapter 17.35 to City Code
Fees are updated annually by Council Resolution:
Stakeholder and Community Opportunities for Public Input.
- June 11 & June 27, 2018 - Public Community and Stakeholder Meetings #1 & #2 were held.
- January 11, 2019 Notice of Public Input Period
- January 14, 2019 Begin Public Review and Comment Period (30 Business Days)
- Meeting #3: January 22, 2019 3:00PM- 4:00PM at the Santa Clara Senior Center 1303 Fremont Street Rm 232 (Presentation)
- Questions & Answers - Through February 15, 2019
- Public Comment & Letters - Received March 2018 through February 2019
- Meeting #4: February 26, 2019 3:00PM- 4:00PM at the Santa Clara Senior Center 1303 Fremont Street Rm 232 (Presentation)
- Public Input Period Ends February 26, 2019 5:00 PM
- City Council Meeting: April 9, 2019. (Item Continued to May 21, 2019).
Fee Schedules are attached at end of each resolution.
- Resolution #19-TBD
- Resolution #17-8427 (5-9-2017)
- Resolution #16-8358 (8-23-2016)
- Resolution #14-8174 (10-24-2014)
Background Data & Supporting Documents:
Annual Land Valuation Appraisal Reports
- December 31, 2017 Land Valuation Appraisal Report
- December 31, 2016 Land Valuation Appraisal Report & Addenda
- December 31, 2015 Appraisal Report (Final Draft) August 15, 2016
Nexus Studies and Updates
- January 4, 2019 Park & Recreation Facilities Development Impact Fee Study Update - Admin Draft (Willdan Financial Services) - Final Report to be issued March 2019 prior to Council Meeting April 9, 2019 (Item Continued to May 21, 2019)
- June 25, 2014 Park and Recreation Facilities Development Impact Fee Study - Final (Willdan Financial Services-Nexus Study)
Park Amenity & Design Standards
- 2019 Public Park Amenity & Design Standards (subject to amendment)
For more information, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 408-615-2260.