New Residential Development
Park & Recreational Land Dedication and/or Fees Due In-Lieu
Since September 13, 2014, the Santa Clara City Code includes Chapter 17.35 “Park and Recreational Land” that requires new residential developments to provide developed park and recreational land, and/or pay a fee in-lieu thereof pursuant to the California Quimby Act (Quimby) and/or the Mitigation Fee Act (MFA). In addition, City Code Chapter 3.15 Dwelling Unit Tax also applies to residential development.
Frequently asked questions:
- Ordinance #1937 (02-24-2015) Amended Chapter 17.35 to remove 1-acre prerequisite for fee credit eligibility
- Ordinance #1928(07-15-2014) Added Chapter 17.35 to City Code
Fees are updated annually by Council Resolution:
Fee Schedules are attached at end of each resolution.
- Resolution #TBD (2018)
- Resolution #17-8427 (5-9-2017)
- Resolution #16-8358 (8-23-2016)
- Resolution #14-8174 (10-24-2014)
Background Data & Supporting Documents:
Annual Land Valuation Appraisal Reports
- December 31, 2017 Land Valuation Appraisal Report
- December 31, 2016 Land Valuation Appraisal Report & Addenda
- December 31, 2015 Appraisal Report (Final Draft) August 15, 2016
Nexus Study 2014
- June 25, 2014 Park and Recreation Facilities Development Impact Fee Study Final (Willdan Financial Services-Nexus Study)
Park Amenity & Design Standards
- 2018 Public Park Amenity & Design Standards (subject to amendment)
For more information, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 408-615-2260.