601 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Connect with SCPD
Welcome to the Santa Clara Police Department Online Reporting System. This system is being provided for your convenience. If you would prefer or would feel more comfortable speaking to an officer, please stop now and dial (408) 615-4700. If this is an Emergency please call 9-1-1.
If you are a victim of a crime, you have certain rights under the law. For more information, please see Victim's Bill of Rights.
Using this system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of your submitted report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online filing is right for you:
- If you are reporting a theft, theft from a vehicle or lost property.
- This is not an Emergency.
- This incident occurred within the Santa Clara City limits.
- There are No Known suspects or evidence that could lead to the identification of a suspect.
- This did not occur on a State Freeway.
- You have an email address.
- Graffiti can now be reported on line. You may attach two photos to each report. The report will be forwarded to the Investigations Division.
- If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Frequently Asked Questions section. If you have questions about why you cannot make a report using this system, please call (408) 615-4700.
Upon completion of this process you will:
- See the words: "Your report has been completed" showing that your report has been submitted for approval.
- Be able to print a copy of your submitted report to keep for your records.
- All incidents reported online will be reviewed.
- Once the report has been approved, an SCPD case number and a copy of the report will be emailed to you.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Reports not meeting the online reporting requirements will be rejected.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
The Santa Clara Police Department Online Reporting System will allow you to report the following incidents. Please choose one. For other types of crimes, please call (408) 615-4700. If you need to report graffiti please call the number above.