$7,376 - $9,404 monthly, plus excellent benefits
This position is an entry level, non-sworn position in the Police Department. Incumbents in the position are assigned to the Basic Peace Officer Academy and must satisfactorily pass all of the requirements that lead to the possession of the Basic Peace Officer Standards and Training Certificate before becoming candidates for the sworn position of Police Officer.
$10,421 - $13,299 monthly
$125,052 - $159,588 annually, plus excellent benefits
Responsibilities of a police officer are varied and relate to keeping the peace, law enforcement, protection of people and property and the investigation of crimes. Officers are expected to respond to a variety of situations that may arise while they are on duty. Rules and guidelines dictate how an officer should respond to calls for service and behave within the community.
Start Your Career Today
The Santa Clara Police Department is actively recruiting! Whether you are new to law enforcement or a seasoned professional, we encourage you to apply now.
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis and multiple Testing Phases are offered each year. The schedule for the 2018 Testing Phases are intended as follows:
- Application deadline: January 8, 2018
- Mandatory orientation: January 20, 2018
- Interview dates: January 23, 24 and/or 25, 2018
- Application deadline: April 1, 2018
- Mandatory orientation: April 14, 2018
- Interview dates: April 17, 18 and/or 19, 2018
- Application deadline: July 1, 2018
- Mandatory orientation: July 14, 2018
- Interview dates: July 17, 18 and/or 19, 2018
- Application deadline: October 1, 2018
- Mandatory orientation: October 13, 2018
- Interview dates: October 16, 17 and/or 18, 2018
You can find more detailed information about job openings, qualifications and benefits at Job Opportunities.
Applications may be obtained online or in person at:
Human Resources Department
(West Wing, Lower Level)
1500 Warburton Avenue
Santa Clara, CA 95050