Rajeev Batra, P.E.
Director of Public Works/City Engineer
"To serve our customers and the community through efficient delivery of projects and services."
The Engineering Division is responsible for:
- Preparing plans and designs for public infrastructure improvement projects
- Managing public infrastructure construction projects
- Maintaining maps that delineate lot lines and easements
- Issuing encroaching permits
- Coordinating with regional transportation agencies and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Flood Insurance Program
- Administering bicycle, pedestrian, and vehicular safety programs
The Environmental Programs Division is responsible for:
- Maintaining a system for the periodic collection, removal and disposal of all refuse from all premises within the City including Garbage, Clean Green, Recycling, and Hazardous Waste.
- Reducing the amount of pollutants in stormwater runoff from municipal storm drain systems.
- Listing resources for residents and businesses regarding resource conservation, alternative transportation, sustainable gardening and landscaping, etc.
Maintenance & Operations
The Maintenance & Operations Division is responsible for:
- Maintaining City streets, sidewalks and parking lots
- Purchasing and maintaining City-owned vehicles and equipment
- Maintaining storm drain collection and pumping facility
- Periodic collection, removal and disposal of all refuse from all premises and street sweeping
- Planting, trimming, removal and replacement of City trees
- Landscaping medians and various City-owned properties
- Removing graffiti and illegal sign nuisances
- Stormwater pollution prevention and flood prevention maintenance activities
- Installing traffic signs, striping, curb markings, pavement messages, and other traffic related devices
The Building Maintenance Division is responsible for:
- Repairing and maintaining City-owned buildings to ensure they remain safe, attractive and energy efficient. Such facilities include:
- Central Park Library - 85,000 sf
- City Hall - 75,000 sf
- Community Recreation Center - 30,000 sf
- Fire stations - 90,000 sf
- Police stations - 55,000 sf
- Senior Center - 45,000+ sf
- Managing Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) for the repair and/or modification of City buildings and several historical structures.
- Providing the following services for City-owned buildings:
- Furniture adjustments & repairs
- Heating and Air-Conditioning installations & repairs
- Room setups
- Event setups
- Flooring installations & repairs
- Electrical installations & repairs