Engineering Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The following permits are issued by the Engineering Department, unless otherwise noted. All forms require original signatures, and may be delivered with payment to:

Public Works Department - Engineering Division
City of Santa Clara
1500 Warburton Ave
Santa Clara, CA 95050

Payment by Credit Card may be authorized by returning a Fax Authorization Form.

If you have any questions, please visit us at the Permit Center, call Engineering at (408) 615-3000 or email us at

Type of Permit     Description 

Easement Encroachment Agreement

Allows private improvements to be installed in public easements

Encroachment Permit Application Form and Information Packet

Regulates all construction in public right-of-ways

Monitoring Well Encroachment Agreement

Allows private wells for monitoring of groundwater contamination to be installed in public easements or in public right-of-ways


Oversize Load/Overweight Vehicle - Special Transportation Permit

Allows wide loads to be transported on City streets. Businesses in good standing with the City of Santa Clara are entitled to fax permit application with proof of payment (i.e. photocopy of signed check made payable to the City of Santa Clara). To remain in good standing, all payments must be received within ten (10) working days of the faxed request.
Refuse Bin Encroachment Permits

Allows refuse bins to be temporarily placed in the public right-of-way. Contact 408-615-2300 for more details.

Right-of-Way Encroachment Agreement

Allows private improvements to be installed in the public right-of-way (public streets)

Street License Encroachment Agreement

Allows private underground facilities to be installed and maintained in public easements or right-of-ways.


Engineering Fee Schedule (PDF)

Other Information
Flood Zone/Flood Insurance, contact Planning Division at (408) 615-2450.
Flood Protection (Department of Public Works, Engineering -Design Division)

Related Links
Fax Authorization Form
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
Permit Center
Other Permits & Fees (Building, Fire, and Planning & Development Permits)

View Full Site