Rental Unit Tax Affidavit
Administering Department: Business License Unit
Tel: (408) 615-2310 Fax: (408) 241-1543
Rental Unit Tax Affidavit Form (PDF)
Every person engaged in the business of renting three or more rooms, apartments, single family homes or other accommodations for dwelling, sleeping or lodging purposes are required to apply.
- Compute and sign affidavit.
- Determine the Business Tax Due as directed below.
- Hotels/Motels add Fire Permit Fee; should fire inspection determine additional fees, you will be billed accordingly.
- Total fees due equal Business Tax Due plus Fire Permit Fees.
- All required fees must accompany this affidavit. Checks should be payable to the City of Santa Clara.
- All fees are nontransferable and nonrefundable.
- Late Penalty: A complete and signed affidavit and fee payment must be received no later than thirty calendar (30) days after obtaining possession of the units in Santa Clara or a late penalty equal to 100 percent (100%) of the total fees due will be assessed. Incomplete or unsigned forms and/or incorrect fee payments will be returned and may result in a late penalty.