Garbage & Clean Green
The Basics of the Garbage and Clean Green Program
- The City of Santa Clara (CSC) oversees the Garbage and Clean Green Program, and the pick-up is currently contracted out to Mission Trail Waste Systems (MTWS).
- MTWS collects both Garbage and Clean Green on the same day, using a two-pass system wherein one truck comes through once to collect either the Garbage or Clean Green carts, and after it dumps the material, comes back to pick up the other carts. Your Recycling is also collected on the same day by Recology. If you are unsure of your pick-up day, please call MTWS at (408) 727-5365, or the CSC's Recycling Coordinator at (408) 615-2063.
- Garbage, which refers to non-hazardous solid waste, should be kept in the black carts, and the Clean Green, which refers to yard waste and lawn clippings, should be kept in the green cart. Details for Garbage and Clean Green are shown below.
- Garbage and Clean Green carts should be set out prior to 7:00 am on your pick-up day, along with your Recycling. Click for more information about Recycling.
- Place Garbage and Clean Green carts in the gutter with the wheels against the curb, at least 3 feet away from each other and from obstacles such as parked cars, landscaping, etc.
- Garbage rates are based on the size of cart that you request from MTWS. For Garbage and Clean Green rates call MTWS at (408) 727-5365.
- After carts are emptied, return them to the backyard or side yard until next collection day.
U.S. Postal Mail:
Street Corporation Yard
1700 Walsh Avenue
Santa Clara, CA 95050