Clean Green - Information
- Clean Green should be kept in the green cart provided by Mission Trail Waste Systems (MTWS), and the guidelines on how to set out your materials are shown under "The Basics of the Garbage and Clean Green Program".
- Single-family residents each received a 32, 68, or 95 gallon green collection cart to suit the needs of their household.
- Residents should place all of their yard waste in the green cart, such as: grass clippings, weeds, leaves, palm fronds, hedge and shrubbery cuttings, small tree branches and tree trimmings, plant materials and flowers.
- NO food or garbage, mixed paper, cardboard, plastics, pet waste, dirt, rocks, gravel, concrete, construction material, ashes, treated/painted wood, commercially purchased sod, stumps or tree trunks larger than 4 inches should be placed in your Clean Green cart.
- For residents whose needs are not met by the 95-gallon cart, an additional 95-gallon cart or a smaller 68-gallon cart is available upon request for no additional charge.
- If you need to increase the size of your garbage container to properly dispose of the waste that you generate on a weekly basis, or have questions regarding rates, please call MTWS at (408) 727-5365.
- City employees and MTWS workers monitor Clean Green setouts and will leave a violation notice if your Clean Green setout is contaminated. Your setout will not be collected if it is too contaminated. If you have questions, please call the Street Dept. Corporation Yard at (408) 615-3080.