Plan For Energy Efficiency
The City of Santa Clara and its Electric Utility support the National Action Plan for Energy Efficiency, a collaboration of electric utilities, utility regulators and partner organizations committed to creating a sustainable, aggressive approach to energy efficiency to meet the nation’s energy needs.
By pledging support, Silicon Valley Power promises to:
- designate energy efficiency as a high-priority resource option;
- adopt targets for energy efficiency;
- pursue energy efficiency resources under a long-term resource planning and procurement framework;
- institute a regulatory framework that encourages utility investment in energy efficiency; and
- share California’s successes with others interested in energy efficiency.
If the national plan is fully implemented, it could help defer the need for 40 new 500-megawatt power plants in the U.S., avoid greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to those given off by 35 million vehicles, lower the costs of air pollution controls, and reduce the price of natural gas.