Water Wise House Call
Santa Clara Valley Water District offers FREE House Calls to Santa Clara Valley County residents to help you get smart on water use and cut down your water bills. On average residents are able to lower their water usage by 30 gallons per day. Trained water surveyors will come out to your home or apartment complex and spend at least an hour with you, reviewing your water use and suggesting water-wise recommendations. During the house call the water surveyors will:
- Replace leaking toilet flapper valves if needed and requested.
- Measure your showerhead flow rates and install free showerheads if needed and requested.
- Measure faucet flow rates and provide faucet aerators for kitchens and bathrooms.
- Evaluate the efficiency of your irrigation system.
- Provide you with a personalized irrigation schedule.
- Provide water conservation program materials and water-wise landscaping tips.
- Identify irrigation leaks, broken or mismatched sprinkler heads, high water pressure, and other common irrigation problems.
- Develop a prioritized list of how you can start using water efficiently as possible.
House Calls are available weekdays and Saturdays during daylight hours to suit your schedule. If you are interested, call (800) 548-1882 to schedule an appointment or submit a request online.
Know Your Meter
If you feel that you may have a leak, turn off all water in your house and yard, then check to see if the dial on your water meter is still moving (registering water flow). If so, you may have a leak. To learn more about your meter and how to use it to check for leaks, review the How To Read Your Water Meter document. If you do not feel comfortable checking for a water leak yourself, feel free to call the City of Santa Clara Water Department at (408) 615-2000 to set up an appointment with a technician at no cost.