City-Wide Garage Sale
The 2013 City-Wide Garage Sale will take place on Saturday, August 10, 2013. Residents throughout the City of Santa Clara are encouraged to hold garage sales that day. The city-wide sale will be advertised in local newspapers, on Cable Channel 15, on the City's website, and various other garage sale websites. Online registration will be available on Monday, July 1, 2013 for individual, multi-family, or block garage sales. Garage sale registrations received by noon on Friday, August 9 will be posted on the City's website.
Below are tips to make your sale the best it can be:
- Register your individual, multi-family or block garage sale on our Garage Sale Registration Form. Be sure to complete all information on registration form. Registration with incomplete or missing information will not be published.
- Look in every nook of your home, garage and attic for items no longer wanted or needed that you can set out for sale.
- Write down the items you want to sell and their prices on a master list (helpful in case a price tag is lost).
- Use brightly colored tags or large stickers to price items. Write clearly.
- Post signs on private property only (no signs may be posted on utility or street sign poles). Use A-frame signs, mount signs on stakes in your yard, or put a sign on your car or van. Use bright colors and bold lettering when making signs.
- Have change and petty cash available.
- Display sale items attractively (furniture clean and polished, clothing on hangers or folded neatly, books and knick-knacks dusted, etc.).
- Use newspaper to wrap breakables, and have plenty of bags and boxes available.
- Donate usable items not sold. Gently used books, CDs and DVDs can be donated to the Library (Santa Clara City Library Foundation and Friends). Clothing, appliances, and furniture can go to various charitable organizations.
For questions, concerns, or comments:
Tel: (408) 615-3080 or