The Public Works Environmental Programs Division is working towards reducing litter to avoid stormwater pollution and to beautify our neighborhoods. We are currently looking for volunteers who would like to help with Neighborhood Beautification projects that may include, but are not limited to:
- Creek trail cleanups
- Block cleanups
- Graffiti removal
- City alley cleanup
- Storm drain inlet adoption (to maintain litter from entering inlet)
- Inlet marking (“Flows to Bay”) for Homeowner Associations, Businesses, Schools, etc.
- Weed abatement
We encourage volunteers to bring ideas and potential sites they would like to adopt and maintain.
The City will provide the following equipment and training depending on the volunteer assignment:
- Safety vests
- Other personal protective equipment (gloves, facemasks, etc.)
- Trash grabbers
- Paint Brushes
- Bagged litter pickup
- All ages are welcome to participate. However, minors under 13 years of age must volunteer with a parent or guardian.
Special Requirements or Restrictions
- Ability to perform the physical activities that may be required by the specific Neighborhood Beautification project you want to be part of. These may include but are not limited to bending, standing, lifting, etc.
- Desire for making your neighborhood a better and more beautiful place.
Days of Week Times of Day
- Specific days and times are flexible.
Contact Name and Phone
- Lina Prada-Baez or Karin Hickey at (408)615-3080.