Eat and Read: A Nutrition Booklist
Check the availability of these titles in the Santa Clara City Library's catalog.
Stories to Make You Hungry
- Barrett, Judi, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
- Child, Lauren, I Will Never Ever Not Eat a Tomato
- Dahl, Michael, From the Garden: A counting book about growing food
- Elhert, Lois, Growing Vegetable Soup
- Freymann, Saxton, Food for thought: The complete book of concepts for growing minds
- Freymann, Saxton, How are You Peeling?
- Galdone, Paul, The Gingerbread Boy
- Jocelyn, Marthe, Eats
- Rosenthal, Amy, Cookies: Bit- Size Life Lessons
- Sendak, Maurice, Chicken Soup with Rice
- Sharmat, Mitchell, Gregory, the Terrible Eater
- Steig, William, Pete’s a Pizza
- Suess, Dr., Green Eggs and Ham
- Wells, Rosemary, Bunny Cakes
- Wells, Rosemary, Yoko
- Wellington, Monika, Pizza at Sally’s
- Wellington, Monika, Mr. Cookie Baker
Facts about Food & Healthy Eating
- Frost, Helen, Eating right
- Frost, Helen, Fats, oils and sweets
- Frost, Helen, The dairy group
- Frost, Helen, The fruit group
- Frost, Helen, The grain group
- Frost, Helen, The meat and protein group
- Frost, Helen, The vegetable group
- Gordon, Sharon, You are what you eat
- Leedy, Loreen, The edible pyramid: good eating every day
- McCarthy, Rose, Food labels : using nutrition information to create a healthy diet
- Petrie, Kristin, Nutrition anyone?
- Royston, Angela, Eat well
- Royston, Angela, What should we eat?
- Royston, Angela, Why do we need to eat?
- Scott, Janine, The food pyramid
Cooking with Kids
- Katzen, Mollie, Honest pretzels: and 64 other amazing recipes for cooks ages 8 & up
- Katzen, Mollie and Ann Henderson, Pretend soup and other real recipes: a cookbook for preschoolers & up
- Lagasse, Emeril, Emeril's there's a chef in my family! : recipes to get everybody cooking
- McGuinness, Tracy, The mix-it-up cookbook : [make more than 100 dishes from 18 basic recipes!
- Pulleyn, Micah & Sarah Bracken, Kids in the kitchen: 100 delicious, fun & healthy recipes to cook & bake
- Watt, Fiona, The Usborne farmyard tales: children's cookbook
- Wilkes, Angela, Children's quick & easy cookbook
- Wilkes, Angela, The children's step-by-step cookbook