Santa Clara Skate Park
Skate Park is located at the corner of Cabrillo Avenue and San Tomas Expressway. Use of the Skate Park is restricted to City of Santa Clara residents and Santa Clara Unified School District students only. The 16,000 square foot park is safe enough for public use yet is challenging enough for experienced skaters. Park features, such as rails, curbs, and bowls have been constructed to accommodate all levels of ability.
The Skate Park closes in inclement weather. Please contact the Walter E. Schmidt Youth Activity Center at (408) 615-3760 or Skate Park at (408) 615-3191 for opening and closing times or refer to the YAC monthly calendar (PDF).
Each skater must complete a registration form prior to skating. Please refer to the appropriate registration packet (Youth, Adult, Guest) for detailed information.
Skate Park Opening Times
|Day of the Week
Skate Park Rules
To skate you must:
• Be a City of Santa Clara resident . A resident youth card or drivers license is required.
• Complete a Participant Information Form.
• Be supervised by an adult if you are under 5 years of age.
• Be a skateboarder or inline skater.
• Wear a helmet, kneepads, and elbow pads. Inline skaters must also wear wrist guards.
• Wear a shirt and shoes.
• Bicycles, scooters
• Food, gum, or drinks
• Graffiti or littering (SCMC 18-10)
• Possession of aerosol paint; misdemeanor (COC 5941 (d))
• Amplified music (SCMS 18-10)
• Alcoholic beverages (SCMC 18-9)
• Pets (SCMC 415)
Failure to obey rules and regulations may result in ejection from Skate Park (SCMC 1394, 18-10)
Maximum capacity of the Skate Park is 75 persons.
The forms below may be printed, filled out, and delivered to the Walter E. Schmidt Youth Activity Center. You must fill out the entire form. Proof of residency is required.
Resident Youth Card Registration Packet (PDF)
Resident Adult-Guest Registration Packet (PDF)
Rules & Regulations (PDF)
For more information on Skateboarding Classes, please refer to "Sports" section in the Recreation Activities Guide.