Skip to page body Home Residents Business Goverment Services About


My neighbors park their boat on the street and on their front lawn. Is this legal?
How can I pay my Public utility bill?
Does the City have low income or senior rates?
Q: My neighbors park their boat on the street and on their front lawn. Is this legal?

The Code of the City of Santa Clara restricts the parking of any vehicle, including boats, on any street or alley for more than a consecutive period of 72 hours. It also prohibits the parking of vehicles for any length of time on the required landscaped areas of residential properties, including front yards.

Vehicles may only be parked on areas surfaced with all-weather materials such as concrete, asphalt, brick, stone, or gravel.

To report vehicles that have been parked in excess of 72 consecutive hours in one location, or to report inoperable vehicles on the street, call the Abandoned Vehicle Abatement number at (408) 615-4778. Information from calls to the Abandoned Vehicle Hotline is forwarded to a Community Service Officer in the Police Department for follow up.

To report illegally parked vehicles on landscaped areas of residential properties or for more information on this topic, call the City’s Code Enforcement Office at (408) 615-2460.


Q: How can I pay my Public utility bill?

You have following choices to pay your Public utility bill.

Pay online
Sign up for My Account to access your account online and pay your bill.

Automatic credit card payment
Have your payments automatically charged to your credit card on the very last day of our grace period. Download the Automatic Credit Card Enrollment form (PDF: 73.3k), and mail it to us at the address below.

Automatic direct payment from checking or savings account
Have your payments automatically deducted from your checking or savings account. Download the Automatic Direct Payment Enrollment form (PDF: 92.96k), and mail it to us at the address below.

Home banking
Pay with online home banking through your personal financial institution or bank.

Pay by phone
Pay with your credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) over the phone anytime day or night, 408-615-2300.

Pay by mail
Pay with a check or money order made out to the City of Santa Clara. Mail your payment to the address below.

Pay in person
Pay with cash, check, money order, credit or debit card in person at the Municipal Service counter on the upper level of City Hall's west wing at 1500 Warburton Avenue; Santa Clara, CA. Their hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:55 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Drive-up after hours: There is a drop box at City Hall in the small parking lot on the corner of Warburton and Lincoln at the Warburton Driveway. Envelopes are picked up once a day at 8:00 a.m. Please do not leave cash in the drop box.

Municipal Utilities Mailing Address
City of Santa Clara Municipal Utilities
P.O. Box 58000
Santa Clara, CA 95052-8000

Q: Does the City have low income or senior rates?
The City residential water and sewer rates are the lowest in the Bay Area. Therefore, the City does not have a low income rate for these services at this time. For information about the possibility of obtaining a low income garbage rate, call 615-2063. The municipal Electric Utility, Silicon Valley Power, has a Rate Assistance Program (RAP) for City of Santa Clara utility bills. RAP provides a 25% discount off the electric portion of the Municipal Utilities bill to qualified Santa Clara residents of certain income levels. See the information found on Silicon Valley Power's website.