Residential Garbage Disposal
Weekly Curbside Collection
- Set carts out before 7:00 am on your pick-up day with the lids closed, and return them to the rear or side yard by the evening of your collection day.
- To increase or decrease the size of your containers, call Municipal Utilities Customer Service at (408) 615-2300.
Questions? Call Mission Trail Waste Systems at (408) 727-5365
Extra Waste Collection
- Extra Garbage Bags: "Extra Bag" tags may be used for additional 30-gallon garbage bags, and can be purchased for $4 each at the Utility Payment window at City Hall, or by sending a check payable to “City of Santa Clara” and a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Municipal Utilities - Finance Division
1500 Warburton Ave. Santa Clara, CA 95050
- Multi-Family Residential: customers with front-load dumpsters are eligible to get one additional collection per year free of charge. Call Mission Trail Waste Systems at 408-727-5365 to make an appointment.
- Debris Bins: Mission Trail Waste Systems provides debris bin service for construction or landscaping debris. Instructions on how to order a debris bin.
Annual Clean-up Campaign
Santa Clara’s 55th Annual Clean-Up Campaign will take place from April 27 through May 22. This is your opportunity to set out bulky items not routinely collected by weekly garbage, Clean Green and recycling collection services.
- Construction debris
- Yard waste
Read set-out instructions and details to avoid fines.
Questions? contact the Public Works Department at (408) 615-3080 or Environment@SantaClaraCA.gov
Free Rubbish Disposal Days
January 25 and September 20, 2015.Call (408) 727-5365 to make an appointment. Provide a current collection bill and personal identification to verify eligibility.
- Construction and demolition materials
- Wood and green waste
- Computer monitors and CPUs
- Cardboard (flattened)
Holiday Garbage Collection
Garbage, Recycling and Clean Green collection schedule will happen a day late after the following holidays, including Saturday service when the regular collection day is Friday:
- Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, 11/26/15)
- Christmas Day (Friday, 12/25/15)
- New Year's Day (Friday, 1/1/16)
Extra Holiday Waste: Santa Clara residents may set out two 32-gallon garbage bags per week on their regular collection day from December 26 through January 7 at no extra charge. Please recycle all non-metallic gift wrap, tissue paper, cards, boxes and tags.
- Holiday Tree collection: Trees will be collected the week of January 4, 2015 - January 8, 2015. Please follow the set-out instructions:
- Strip the tree and set out on your regular collection day
- The City does not collect trees on private streets. Residents of multi-family dwellings may set out their trees on the nearest public street. Call 408-615-3080 to find out what day we will be servicing your area
- If you miss your pick-up day, you can bring in your tree (no larger than 9 feet) to the Corp Yard located at 1700 Walsh Avenue during the week of January 5-9
- After January 9, cut up your tree and place the pieces in the Clean Green cart. Flocked trees (trees with artificial snow) should be placed in the garbage cart.
Phone: (408) 615-3080
Fax: (408) 988-0237
U.S. Postal Mail:
Street Corporation Yard
1700 Walsh Avenue
Santa Clara, CA 95050