circa 1885, 1889
The Palmer House, at 1195 Main (circa 1885), and the Shoemaker (Schumacher)
House at 1142 Main (circa 1889) are part of a group of five homes forming a
striking streetscape. The houses are significant due to the uniform lot sizes and
building materials. Although the architectural styles differ greatly, the scales
closely match one another, adding to the uniformity of the group and serving as a
coherent reminder of 19th century buildings within a neighborhood.